Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
361293064_607449121522342_2259089282459524204_n.jpg

Well FABO here is latest and greatest from down here in Arkansas. Sincere thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers. It certainly worked! And special shout out to @ZMan67S for filling you guys in. Lord knows you boys can put up some pages. Our daughter who is 38, non drinker, non smoker, excellent physical shape had a serious stroke, complete with excessive brain bleed. She got her first ever helo ride, I told her there are easier ways! Very long story short she got transferred to the neuro floor this weekend and out of ICU. That was a huge step. She can lift her left arm up off the bed on command and can just almost get her hand to her face. The leg is not coming around as quickly, she is just now able to put weight on it but really cannot move it herself. Her speech is much improved and for most part pretty darn good. We start physical therapy in earnest tomorrow. Still not satisfied they won’t need to put a catheter in her brain to get rid of blood, that is TBD. Happy plan is no. As most all you guys on here are old enough to have been thru this with friend or family you all know she has a long rehab process. But she is young and healthy and very physically active So we are optimistic she will heal as her brain routes new circuits to the limbs. It is a brain injury not a limb injury. Stress is just a killer on folks, especially women. she has three daughters all pre teen or teen. She has lots of help and I called on every church we trained to put her on prayer list. That girl is on prayer lists all over the State! Hah! I just cannot thank you guys enough for all the thoughts and prayers. I will be on here somewhat sporadically as the hospital is a four hour drive each way. I am just plain physically and emotionally whipped when I get home. You guys are the best and I am very fortunate to have all y’all as my extended family.
john
Now that's an answered prayer Amen and Halelujah :D Tell us her name so I can tell

1689559263709.png
who to look for. I pray for peace and strength for all. :D :D:D

memory going south i think.
I passed my 80 power wagon on to my son. He’s talking cummins swap. Has a line on a running chassis. I suggested frame swap. His eyes lit up. Wants to get it running and driving in its original form first. Told him we need his service truck running first,as it has a really sweet crane.
Best part, old power wagon frame/driveline will be the base for the chopped Fargo i just bought. I will ditch the 35’s and put some much lower tires on it. And lose the 4” lift.

Good morning. Early Monday, supposed to be sunny today but chance of thunderstorms the rest of the week. Nothing really on the agenda for today

Monday morning to you all.
The weekly weigh in this morning showed a four-pound loss for a total of 35 pounds since I started the first of the year. :thumbsup:
I haven't been this light in 26 years...feels great!!
Going to the gym this morning. With the kids in town, I haven't been in a week or so.
I need to mow and then tonight, the softball team plays a double hitter.

Last edited:
Well FABO here is latest and greatest from down here in Arkansas. Sincere thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers. It certainly worked! And special shout out to @ZMan67S for filling you guys in. Lord knows you boys can put up some pages. Our daughter who is 38, non drinker, non smoker, excellent physical shape had a serious stroke, complete with excessive brain bleed. She got her first ever helo ride, I told her there are easier ways! Very long story short she got transferred to the neuro floor this weekend and out of ICU. That was a huge step. She can lift her left arm up off the bed on command and can just almost get her hand to her face. The leg is not coming around as quickly, she is just now able to put weight on it but really cannot move it herself. Her speech is much improved and for most part pretty darn good. We start physical therapy in earnest tomorrow. Still not satisfied they won’t need to put a catheter in her brain to get rid of blood, that is TBD. Happy plan is no. As most all you guys on here are old enough to have been thru this with friend or family you all know she has a long rehab process. But she is young and healthy and very physically active So we are optimistic she will heal as her brain routes new circuits to the limbs. It is a brain injury not a limb injury. Stress is just a killer on folks, especially women. she has three daughters all pre teen or teen. She has lots of help and I called on every church we trained to put her on prayer list. That girl is on prayer lists all over the State! Hah! I just cannot thank you guys enough for all the thoughts and prayers. I will be on here somewhat sporadically as the hospital is a four hour drive each way. I am just plain physically and emotionally whipped when I get home. You guys are the best and I am very fortunate to have all y’all as my extended family.
john
Glad to get updated this morning cuzz, remember to fuel your body and drink your daily water as this stressful time will take it out of you.
Prayers will be sent many times daily for your doughter, strength and healing being the main focus, for you and your wife I must pray for strength, wisdom and faith, take time to de stress by walking that beuityful land of yours you have been blessed with in your life, and try and look at what you eat/fuel your body with, and don't skip those meals cousin, thats an order :thumbsup:
Talk soon.

Good morning, a all around nice day today until 6pm, rain moves in again.
75 degree morning high will be 87..
Going to move two giant limbs this morning, bigger then my leg and one is 15 to 18 foot long, most likely use my truck and tow strap, cut them up in to 18" looks for fire wood.
Another Monday morning has showed up.

Morning guys...

Still thinking of ya John @Sublime one and Fred @Fred Scigliano .. tougher when it's the kids

Going to need to mow tonight as I'm looking outside. Also I need to start hauling parts out to storage so I can move around and get to work on the car. I think I've got all the parts on hand. Not sure if I should order a water pump bolt kit or just take the old ones down to the hardware store and match them up?

Need to check with Classic Industries today on the status of the engine harness. Hopefully it's not on backorder. If it is, probably not a huge deal as I have a bit of time while I get the engine bay done... and I can get the engine work done (intake, water pump/ timing cover, paint and exhaust manifolds) while I'm waiting. Figure I'll get the primer and paint from Eastwood.
Also need to replace the front seal and kickdown shaft seal on the tranny.

Heard back from Tom Rosso this morning. I chatted with him for a bit while up at Carlisle. He just picked up a Canadian 65 Valiant and didn't have much in the way of background information compared to the Aussie cars he has. I had some production number data and sent it along. Nice guy.

20230714_153607.jpg

20230714_154928.jpg

20230714_153533.jpg

Morning fellas. Up and at em' Kitchen waste basket out to the garbage can. Recycle bin to the curb. All in the first 10 min. I'm on a roll! LOL

Stylin' out this morning in my PJ pants and my FABO X Club shirt. I need to make a run to the print store today for a banner for our 50 year class reunion. My old one is 40 years old and falling apart. Then off to Cedar Rapids with buddy Ted to Cedar Ridge Distillery for some lunch, samples, and shopping. (they have a new release or two I understand)

-
Back