Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just fine. 45 minute ride turned into 2 hours. Ever tried riding a draft horse? They’re HUGE.

Not the first time I’ve been on a horse, just never shown the “correct” way. It’s always been, hey go hop on and just fake your way through it. Gonna do it again in a few weeks.

View attachment 1716173116

My quarter horse came in at about 1200 pounds. Closest I've been

Just fine. 45 minute ride turned into 2 hours. Ever tried riding a draft horse? They’re HUGE.

Not the first time I’ve been on a horse, just never shown the “correct” way. It’s always been, hey go hop on and just fake your way through it. Gonna do it again in a few weeks.

View attachment 1716173116
Where o where is Karl?
in my best Karl voice,
So riding a horse is just like sex? Hop on and fake your way thru it!

Where o where is Karl?
in my best Karl voice,
So riding a horse is just like sex? Hop on and fake your way thru it!
DOH!.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, the kitchen sink drain is clogged.
What was it Mike ?
Our boy got to tasting some EC bourbon last night so ended up spending the night, he is already up top trying to put another one down. He really needs two deer to make it thru the year on meat.
Good luck to him today, yep, I will be getting in the blind soon this month, son Creed got a doe last weekend and is looking for number two today

1701531809838.png
I hasn't used it since the Covid thing started. Nice rig, adjustable fire height, adjustable vents and chimney, 1 big grill and another about 6" higher that swivels with the lid, 2 beer platforms. :thumbsup:

I do same, let the boys hunt till they are done and then I get the left overs!
Creed is up in the hills, just north of Hardy , he is spoiled, friends have a great place out in the sticks up there, his shooting lane and inside there cabin

720145948.jpg

722467271(1).jpg

Well army physical done. They’re not going to pursue a medical retirement at this time simply because I’m 18 months out from my twenty year letter and it would take longer than that. So @ZMan67S tell your wife she was right!!!

The other news I’m not yet certain is good or bad, they’re putting me in for permanent profiles restrictions (finally). The bad news, almost all military schools for promotions I won’t be able to attend any longer. They didn’t like how my knees felt under examination and they didn’t like the MRIs so they’re making me go to dr appointments on their time and dime. So for me, my career is essentially on hold until September of 2025, when it’ll be over, either by their choice or mine.

Luckily they’re working to document everything which I would think will help with my VA claims

Well army physical done. They’re not going to pursue a medical retirement at this time simply because I’m 18 months out from my twenty year letter and it would take longer than that. So @ZMan67S tell your wife she was right!!!

The other news I’m not yet certain is good or bad, they’re putting me in for permanent profiles restrictions (finally). The bad news, almost all military schools for promotions I won’t be able to attend any longer. They didn’t like how my knees felt under examination and they didn’t like the MRIs so they’re making me go to dr appointments on their time and dime. So for me, my career is essentially on hold until September of 2025, when it’ll be over, either by their choice or mine.

Luckily they’re working to document everything which I would think will help with my VA claims
I’m sure @ZMan67S ’s wife is used to hearing that :lol:

Did you make it to E5 long enough for the bump in retirement?

No. Not yet. I’m waiting to see what they do, I just need to hold it for one more year to be safe.
I was thinking there was some kind of drama just could not remember? Good luck and congratulations! Our boy dropped his packet this year as well. I want to say he needs 18 months to get his twenty in. Standard infantry/Airborne medical disability rating. Not sure where he will end up but North of sixty % for sure. Knees and shoulders are garbage.

I was thinking there was some kind of drama just could not remember? Good luck and congratulations! Our boy dropped his packet this year as well. I want to say he needs 18 months to get his twenty in. Standard infantry/Airborne medical disability rating. Not sure where he will end up but North of sixty % for sure. Knees and shoulders are garbage.
Not really drama. They put me on a two year clock to go to a promotion school back in 2022. Then proceeded to bump me multiple times from it. Then I had to reschedule the last one due to another injury to my knee. But oh well if they take back the rank. I could careless at this point

Congrats to you son I think. It’s an honor to get to twenty.
I’ve not dropped my packet yet, I can anytime but I’m waiting to see what the Va does first

Congrats to you son I think. It’s an honor to get to twenty.
I’ve not dropped my packet yet, I can anytime but I’m waiting to see what the Va does first
He is very excited to go on to the next chapter of his journey. Big Green went woke and he bounced. He would have liked to stay but the “new” Army makes him not happy.

He is very excited to go on to the next chapter of his journey. Big Green went woke and he bounced. He would have liked to stay but the “new” Army makes him not happy.
I feel him there. We have soldiers wearing f-ing pig tails and dread locks and full on beards. That’s on top of the other BS policies they’ve shoved down our throats. Can’t punish anyone can’t require extra duty without an 03 or higher signing off. Just dumb ****

-
Back