Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, thanks for all the thumbs-up everyone, it feels really good. I went to start it just now, it fired up but looks like it's easy to flood so I'll let it rest a little while and then go back out. I just wanted to make sure their wasn't a drain on the battery because yesterday it had a dead battery (kid said he left the headlights on, but I wasn't sure if that was true.)

This car is a true original survivor so I'm not going to mess with it. Maybe electronic ignition, I don't think anyone objects to that upgrade. I'm going to give it a bath and drive it to Mr. Davis' shop this morning. I dropped my Toyota off with him yesterday morning for him to check over and I told him I would have a surprise, I told him before that I love Furys, I want to see the look on his face!

Here's some daylight pics

View attachment 1714958995

View attachment 1714958996

View attachment 1714958997

View attachment 1714958998
So you finally bought it!

Great car you scored! I would have him change ALL the fluids and filters if you can who knows how long they were in there.

Yes Ray I will! I'll ask the grandson what fluids he changed. He was going to use the car for college. Luckily his Mom (the one I called Drill Sargeant) insisted the car stay original.
Here's what I know for sure he did. I think I got a good deal for $2500.
Radiator re-cored, new tires, new master cylinder, new calipers, new OEM carpet, new gas tank, new water pump.
He also had some work to the front end, like I said I need to talk to him and make a list. I love it that I have the Grandma's original keys!

Good morning, thanks for all the thumbs-up everyone, it feels really good. I went to start it just now, it fired up but looks like it's easy to flood so I'll let it rest a little while and then go back out. I just wanted to make sure their wasn't a drain on the battery because yesterday it had a dead battery (kid said he left the headlights on, but I wasn't sure if that was true.)

This car is a true original survivor so I'm not going to mess with it. Maybe electronic ignition, I don't think anyone objects to that upgrade. I'm going to give it a bath and drive it to Mr. Davis' shop this morning. I dropped my Toyota off with him yesterday morning for him to check over and I told him I would have a surprise, I told him before that I love Furys, I want to see the look on his face!

That just super cool...

So you finally bought it!

Yes it just seemed like it my perfect car, waiting for me. I love sedans, I love the color, 43,000 original miles, no rust, lots of new parts, and the price came down to what I felt like I could spend and reward myself.

really nice looking - you scored!

And it had been on Craigslist Atlanta for a whole month. I was expecting a gangsta to buy it and ruin it. If he had it for sale in the city, that would have happened. But being up in a small, N. Georgia town, those buyers might have been hesitant to venture up there.

Last edited:
I would think it would get tighter but you are right the angle would change.

Never rebuilt a carb, but I was thinking, the '71 360 uses the same carb as the 400. There's a new carb from an ebay seller with great feedback I might buy. Then I could buy a rebuild kit and take my time rebuilding the carb I have, and sell it.

I would keep that one with the numbers. See what numbers you can find with the make, tag number and or stamped numbers etc I am going to my secret place and getting 10 thermoquad cores this week and I am almost positive I can find one and rebuild it for you if you want.. I would keep that car as original as possible. A few pics would be good also.

I would keep that one with the numbers. See what numbers you can find with the make, tag number and or stamped numbers etc I am going to my secret place and getting 10 thermoquad cores this week and I am almost positive I can find one and rebuild it for you if you want.. I would keep that car as original as possible. A few pics would be good also.
Klinger's- when ya going?. I really want look for some stuff, but prob won't have cash avail for a bit. Was kinda thinking when its a bit cooler out anyway.

I am thinkin Sat possibly. I need the carbs to make some cash and the firechicken needs a plastic piece that goes on the inside of the drivers mirror. No idea how the hell she broke that one?

He has two busses and a trailer full of carbs and will let me cherry pick them. To bad I don't know crap about 4bbl holleys there are a bunch of them there also. As far as I know I am the only one he will let in there. I must be loved! He was mentioning closing down this fall so time might be the thing here.

-
Back