Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have had people tell me that with the fan, the 727 and the Ford 9" I am probably losing at least 40HP and probably more like 60 - or more...
I would think the gross HP to drive the 727 and the 9 wouldn't be 'too' huge over what it would take to drive a 904 and 8.75 (or whatever you replace it with). I think the net difference probably isn't huge, unless of course you're looking for every last 1/10 at the dragstrip..

I would think the gross HP to drive the 727 and the 9 wouldn't be 'too' huge over what it would take to drive a 904 and 8.75 (or whatever you replace it with). I think the net difference probably isn't huge, unless of course you're looking for every last 1/10 at the dragstrip..
agreed, the 8.75 eats about the same as the ford 9 inch. Now the dana 60 while stronger, eats about 60 horses roughly. Most of your 3 speed autos are gonna eat essentially the same. It's the modern electronic control transmissions that will suffer more power loss, though usually just 5-10 hp.

when I was working as a dyno tester, we normally figured on a 25-35% drop in power at the rear wheels vs flywheel power depending on transmission and type. More power loss in new autos than older ones.
Hey Chris, FYI...the modern Mopars (like my SRT) have drive train losses more in the 15-18% range. For my '06 SRT it is around 16%.

The Hellcat is down in the 12-15% range.

Just got off of a teleconference with my colleagues in Australia...Coor's Extra Gold time here now!

Boogers! Lots and lots of boogers!
Full stomach huh?

c472986ec3f3b694c9845515bc9a4d8a3a5360c5d025b3b9b6993705d902700f.jpg

@halifaxhops
Made it over to Surplus City. Just got a few things. If I ever need fabrication supplies I will be there. Big bolts, metal plates. Lot of stuff you just don't see around.

2017-04-03 19.17.18.jpg

So I decided that a flat '69 stock hood with a T/A scoop in satin black might look pretty good on the GTS.

Hmmmm...I might need to buy an extra hood just to have the option...

GTS Hood Scoop side satin black.jpg

Howdy Dave! Low 80's right now here. Not ready for this weather.
I think we were around 70 today. As much as I am done with Winter, I wish the grass would stay dormant a bit. Looks like I will need to mow it soon. And the weeds are already out of control. :mad:

Last edited:
-
Back