Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice good to hear. I'm trying to bake pumpkin pies hahaha this isn't gonna end well
Didn't have any pumpkin pie for Turkey day. Son's GF made a pumpkin cheesecake that was very good. Also a pecan pie that was awesome. The wife made pumpkin pie with Splenda while here sis who is diabetic was here recently. It actually tasted really good, but had an odd aftertaste ...

This temp is normal,we get waaay colder. Weeks of -30 is not unusual. I hate it.

This will be interesting!

IMG_3336.JPG

Didn't have any pumpkin pie for Turkey day. Son's GF made a pumpkin cheesecake that was very good. Also a pecan pie that was awesome. The wife made pumpkin pie with Splenda while here sis who is diabetic was here recently. It actually tasted really good, but had an odd aftertaste ...
The whole visit there was great. We had met her mom and sister in July. Her dad, aunt and uncle were there this time. Everyone got along well. By the end of the visit our dogs even got along (our yellow lab and their 2 jack russels) LOL

Since I'm using homemade fresh pumpkin pulp, I decided not to put the water in this time as my fresh pulp was quite runny compared to canned store stuff and it worked great
Been a long time, but I have done fresh pumpkin. Never added water.? If anything, I remember trying to squeeze out as much juice as possible.

Been a long time, but I have done fresh pumpkin. Never added water.? If anything, I remember trying to squeeze out as much juice as possible.
Recipe I had called for 1.5 cups of water and 12 oz of evaporated milk. It never did set up last time. This time I cut the water out completely

Recipe I had called for 1.5 cups of water and 12 oz of evaporated milk. It never did set up last time. This time I cut the water out completely
All I know is your working too hard. Maybe if I was doing a LOT of pies and the pumpkins were already there... otherwise...
3929_LRGimg.jpg

All I know is your working too hard. Maybe if I was doing a LOT of pies and the pumpkins were already there... otherwise...
View attachment 1715114515
Oh I know. It actually all started as a school project for my daughter. They made home made pumpkin pulp in class one day so my daughter came home wanting to do show us. She'd been doing very well and the behavior problems have mostly gone away so I decided to honor her request. And it honestly wasn't that hard, cut pumpkins in half, stick in oven for an hour, come back, the skins fall right off and the rest goes into a food processor.

Oh I know. It actually all started as a school project for my daughter. They made home made pumpkin pulp in class one day so my daughter came home wanting to do show us. She'd been doing very well and the behavior problems have mostly gone away so I decided to honor her request. And it honestly wasn't that hard, cut pumpkins in half, stick in oven for an hour, come back, the skins fall right off and the rest goes into a food processor.
That works on cooking people for meat pies to.

I finally finished the 'Ben Baron' image. It was a lot of work, but I think I got it right...

IMG_0425.JPG

-
Back