Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep...it's the factory air dam from a 1991 Ford Ranger compact pick-up truck.

Looks like it will be easy to mount and should look like it was made for the car. Only cost me $26.04 shipped from CARiD.

I think it would look great on your Scamp!

Replace® FO1092161 - Front Bumper Valance
Can't wait to see an installed pic. I'm betting i can work it on a 73 Dart bumper too..

Way to go Dave, now Mikey is gonna have Ford parts in his Mopar to go with the chebby hood. Next he'll want the rear wing off an eclipse
He already has Ford parts on there. Having a Ford front dam just balances out the Ford rear it has already! LOL!

Can't wait to see an installed pic. I'm betting i can work it on a 73 Dart bumper too..
I don't see why not. It will just sit back a little more with the deeper bumper. The really cool part is that the sides are the same length as the fender from the wheel opening to the front edge behind the bumper on my GTS. :D

The part that really makes me happy about this is that it should look very much like my original concept image...

Valance copy.jpg

looks good
Thanks! I think I got a bit lucky on the gamble I took based on quick parking lot measurements of a random vehicle parked near work...but it wasn't an expensive gamble.

I'm stoked that it is working out this well! I bet I will be less than $40 all-in by the time I'm done...:D

Thanks! I think I got a bit lucky on the gamble I took based on quick parking lot measurements of a random vehicle parked near work...but it wasn't an expensive gamble.

I'm stoked that it is working out this well! I bet I will be less than $40 all-in by the time I'm done...:D
Nice, and I think it looks better than the camaro one's being sold to fit a bodies.

Nice, and I think it looks better than the camaro one's being sold to fit a bodies.
Thanks, and I agree. The Camaro one is too narrow and doesn't really match the body lines.

I did a before and after image with this one to see what kind of change it will make in the appearance...

Valence compare.jpg

The first of the Scamper Nova magnets should start arriving tomorrow. USPS tracking shows Hoppy getting his tomorrow. I expect most will arrive by Saturday. Ander's magnets may take a bit longer to arrive...

The first of the Scamper Nova magnets should start arriving tomorrow. USPS tracking shows Hoppy getting his tomorrow. I expect most will arrive by Saturday. Ander's magnets may take a bit longer to arrive...
:thumbsup:

Ok. Now that I took a nap. Yesterday when I came home there was an unmarked work van in my drive. My one neighbor vacations in fla. Over the winter, and I often park there so it doesn't look unoccupied. At this point I see the ladder on the side and hear voices on the roof. So I call the cops. I am friends with a few. I did victim follow up volunteer for a few years. Just calls to contact victims to follow up see how they are doing, but I digress. Anyway they tell me stay in the car we will be right there. Sure, I suppose I could do that. I decided to pull the ladder. I had it in the garage and was closing the door when they noticed it was missing. They ask what I'm doing and put the ladder back before they call the cops. I said don't bother they are pulling up now. It was an oh **** moment on their faces. Sub contractors for Comcast. Sitting on my roof getting high. Hey dumb asses you are at the wrong house. I don't have cable, see the Dish. Well short of it is when they got down i had an 8 ft a frame that reaches the sun porch roof then its an easy step up to the main. Let the cops use that so they could get down. one had a arrest warrant, the other they cuffed for drug possession. Towed the van
away. Open container by the seat, and neither one had a valid drivers license.
Waiting to see what Comcast is going to do about my rain gutters. I'm claiming damage. He'll I need new ones.

Last edited:
-
Back