Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Never a dull moment with a Mopar...running great till we stopped some place and wouldn't start...no gas showing in the fuel filter. Pour a little into the carb, it fires up and drives fine till we shut it off again, same thing happens...gas in carb, starts and drives fine again. Not ideal situation for driving my out-of-state visitors around.

Fuel perculation???? How thick is the carb base gasket????

Morning candy for Karl!

DSC02585.JPG

DSC02586.JPG

prob ship it back Monday still need to do the lead, has a bit weaker spring in it than stock before you ask, just changed it out and cleaned/painted and re burnished the bushing and the advance plate was gummed up really good, prob had a stuck vac advance last time it ran. That's that painted vac advance re nickeled it.

Morning gents! Cat just woke me up at 5:30am by knocking things down in the bathroom. I was having a dream about arguing with an idiot about an engine. So, high-five the cat because you know you can't win those arguments!

How is everyone doing?

prob ship it back Monday still need to do the lead, has a bit weaker spring in it than stock before you ask, just changed it out and cleaned/painted and re burnished the bushing and the advance plate was gummed up really good, prob had a stuck vac advance last time it ran. That's that painted vac advance re nickeled it.

You're doing a nice job... :thumbsup:

Morning gents! Cat just woke me up at 5:30am by knocking things down in the bathroom. I was having a dream about arguing with an idiot about an engine. So, high-five the cat because you know you can't win those arguments!

How is everyone doing?
Need coffee!

How is everyone doing?

My dog woke me up by pawing at me and barking.... :icon_fU: :BangHead:

Never a dull moment with a Mopar...running great till we stopped some place and wouldn't start...no gas showing in the fuel filter. Pour a little into the carb, it fires up and drives fine till we shut it off again, same thing happens...gas in carb, starts and drives fine again. Not ideal situation for driving my out-of-state visitors around.

Loosen gas cap. Drive car home and diagnose. Could be many things including:

Gas cap vent
Fuel pump
Perforated fuel line (my personal tail-chasing favorite!)
Vapor lock
Clogged fuel filter

Loosen gas cap. Drive car home and diagnose. Could be many things including:

Gas cap vent
Fuel pump
Perforated fuel line (my personal tail-chasing favorite!)
Vapor lock
Clogged fuel filter

I have a chrome vapor lock....

I am convinced that a pet's ultimate purpose is to show you that THEY OWN YOU.

Example:

Monday this week I came home and the toilet seat was down in the spare bathroom. I NEVER crap in the bathroom, seat is always up. No biggie. Tuesday I come home and toilet seat is down again. My first thought, "Oh no! My ex is back and how did she get it I changed the locks???" I turn around and the cat is staring at me in the hallway. Then he takes off.

Example:

Monday this week I came home and the toilet seat was down in the spare bathroom. I NEVER crap in the bathroom, seat is always up. No biggie. Tuesday I come home and toilet seat is down again. My first thought, "Oh no! My ex is back and how did she get it I changed the locks???" I turn around and the cat is staring at me in the hallway. Then he takes off.

Make sure that you put the seat down.... The cat doesn't like falling in....

So finished cleaning up all the parts for the truck to get the pan back on and the dam water pump weep hole got the dreaded rust streak! Really pissed me off one more thing to order just had to walk away from it then.

Example:

I once took a crap in the in law's basement bathroom... As I am doing the business, I look up and the cat is sitting on the decorative chair in there staring at me... I asked him if I could have a little privacy.... :rolleyes:

After that I referred to the cat as "privacy manager"... Like privacy manager in Windows....

Apparently the cat liked to hang out on the chair in there.... :realcrazy:

So finished cleaning up all the parts for the truck to get the pan back on and the dam water pump weep hole got the dreaded rust streak! Really pissed me off one more thing to order just had to walk away from it then.

Put a dab of RTV over it. Problem solved!

:rofl:

-
Back