Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey Karl,is that.steel from China,Japan or Germany.

They buy it from all over... We have some domestic made in America, and some imported from different parts of the world including Europe... Depending on what it is, they have their chosen suppliers that they use...

2 twenty ton gantrys running on rails to work on our bridge.
Moving I beams 40’ long and 7 feet tall. The plate is 1-1/2” thick.
Going from 2 beams to 5. I figure its 10 times stronger than the original bridge. Was originally a train bridge.

We carry beams up to 50 foot long in various thicknesses... They have special side loader fork lifts to move those in the warehouse...

I grew up with no mother so cooking was simply essential. I still love to cook as do our sons. On the it's a small world note, as a result of no mom I would get shipped off to my grandparents for extended periods of time. Oddly enough my grandfather worked for inland Robbins construction who built the Orland park mall. He was the job Supt. I learned to drive on that job site! He would put me with a different operator everyday. I got to drive everything from dozers to scrapers. Some of them I could not reach pedals on so I would steer and the operator would work pedals. I want to say he lived in a place called pebble creek? There was a golf course near by so we would ride bikes and sneak in and swim in their ponds while fishing for golf balls. We would swipe beer and drop it in ponds to hide it and keep it cold. The staff was forever trying to catch us swimming, we were all fast skinny kids! Hah Good times! Shame kids can't do that anymore.

I went to grade school across the street from the Orland Square Mall... They closed it when they broke ground for the mall, then built two more grade schools a year later...

Pebble Creek sounds familiar, but I'm not sure exactly where it is...

Our neighborhood back then was near Silver Lake golf club, we also used to ride out bikes on the driving range and pretend to fall and swipe golf balls...

I'm a little concerned about the future of Orland Square Mall as the Sears and Carsons have closed...

Beautiful! I would love to wake up to that every day

Same with this.... :D

tightass.jpg

From flying phones to electric barracudas now a yellow submarine....gotta love it.

Priced a new canvas for my tarp shed. 24x40 $3,000.

Out for lunch and then back out pos chevy. Gave him the cash and carry price,and its gone this afternoon.

Out for lunch and then back out pos chevy. Gave him the cash and carry price,and its gone this afternoon.
Clutch job done in the 07 Stang.. She just picked it up... Had to do a little research to find how to bleed the new Hyd release bearing ( with no bleed port )....All good now.. nice Payday....She Happy....:thumbsup:

forecast sounded like all day rain... So far beautiful day since rain stopped around 10am. 64F now. Last I looked still chance of thunderstorm later. Temp change supposed to roll in later and drop about 20 degrees fast.
If it wasn't crazy busy on the roads it would have been a great day to drive the Duster. Just too many idiots that don't need another distraction.

Power shifts make me miss daily driving my 72 dart with the 440/4 speed.

I have not had that car on the street for a few years, my current daily has a slant and an OD. Which is cool but the sound and amount of power is the difference.

Last time I drove the 72 before i took it off the road. I got to a red light and there was a 90s firebird or camero with what sounded like a v8. I got rolling in 1st and dumped everything it had into second gear. Took off like a rocket but the engine rpm kept going up and up till it was like a runway and then I started losing speed and RPMs stayed high. The firebird passed me and then I got a huge whiff of burnt clutch.

I coasted to the side of the road surrounded in a cloud of burnt clutch and broken dreams lol

I started driving more conservative in with the slant six car which is probably a good thing.

Just got a call from another Barracuda guy. Hes been hoarding parts for years. My lettering is supposed to be VALIANT on the trunk. And no prop rod. But ratcheting lift support. Off to the parts book...

-
Back