Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The dark winter isn't what people make it out to be - nor is the all daylight summer. Most is usually up to 20hrs of daylight - or darkness. I think of the darkness as, it is dark when I go to work and damn near dark on my way home in the winter here now. So, other than the weekend, it wouldn't be much different - for me. You have to go to the top of the state, like Prudhoe Bay (just an example) to have 3 months of solid dark and solid light.
That’s true when you compare it. I’d have to do a test run before I committed :) Now Maine I could move to in a heartbeat

Also a well, I hook up the small trailer with a 65 gal tank for garden and flower plants. Doing it almost daily, the past few day we received some rain so didn’t water, i don’t water the yard, it’s been dryer than a popcorn fart
Thankfully I have a well. Watering the garden every night. The other day the sprinkler was left on all night! oops. Very glad I don't have city water $$$

Yup. For countless thousands of GM owners "wasn't a good idea" is an understatement. Too late now. Don't know the mileage on your truck but I hope it is not to late to "save" it.
I have 97,000 on it and think I'll sell it and get me an older truck.
Thanks again for the info.

Yup. For countless thousands of GM owners "wasn't a good idea" is an understatement. Too late now. Don't know the mileage on your truck but I hope it is not to late to "save" it.

Had just over 175,000 on my 2010 Silverado when I traded it in. It started throwing a constant stream of codes and I'd just had enough.

Freaking lurkers. You marry Rainy?:thumbsup: Bet I get a hate pm.
Not from me your not. Last I looked I was still an old wore out V8 that was always a V8 and some times identify as a new v8 when a pretty gal walks by. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not from me your not. Last I looked I was still an old wore out V8 that was always a V8 and some times identify as a new v8 when a pretty gal walks by. :thumbsup:
There has got to be some background story here. I missed something.

Had just over 175,000 on my 2010 Silverado when I traded it in. It started throwing a constant stream of codes and I'd just had enough.
That is the sign of an engine getting f.... d up by cylinder deactivation. Mine was the same. Drove me crazy. Plugged in the Holley Range Tech and a year later hasn't thrown a code of any type. Very happy as a V8 with all things working in harmony as designed. It is a different truck. Responsiveness, shift points, exhaust note. At 175K it was probably too late to save yours.

I have 97,000 on it and think I'll sell it and get me an older truck.
Thanks again for the info.
If your truck is not consistently throwing codes yet, many of which are false, a Range Tech just might save it. The 5.3 is capable of a 300K mile life span. Outstanding stout engines until GM accountants messed with the engineering.

There has got to be some background story here. I missed something.
Just quoting Hoppy on Identifying as a male.
Or maybe I misunderstood your post on a V8 identifying as a V10.
Ya know I am old and my sense of humor is off a bit. lol

If your truck is not consistently throwing codes yet, many of which are false, a Range Tech just might save it. The 5.3 is capable of a 300K mile life span. Outstanding stout engines until GM accountants messed with the engineering.
Not really having any problems yet no codes so far.

EPA

Completely agree. Which is why Chrysler stopped it. That and the massive number of warranty claims
Chrysler hasn't stopped MDS. Again for C.A.F.E. reasons.

When you see that little "Econ" light on the dash you are driving a 3 ton Hemi V4 with a bunch of oil starved lifters. The cylinder shut down can be temporarily prevented by driving in manual or tow haul mode. Apparently it might be possible to 'tune" it out with a Holley Diablo device. Other wise BIG $ for re and re parts to delete. Lots of 2021+ Ford F*** buyers that wanted the Coyote V8 took the easy way out and cancelled/changed their orders to the Twin Turbo V6 or Diesel when they discovered Ford's highly secretive introduction of cylinder deactivation on the ICE V8.

It is a mess.

Just quoting Hoppy on Identifying as a male.
Or maybe I misunderstood your post on a V8 identifying as a V10.
Ya know I am old and my sense of humor is off a bit. lol
I was commenting about @halifaxhops talking about Lurkers and someone marrying Rainy... I dunno

And yes, identify as you wish Fred. We are here for you!

Oh WOW!

362623495_819121813337845_5677312605816675365_n.jpg

Chrysler hasn't stopped MDS. Again for C.A.F.E. reasons.

When you see that little "Econ" light on the dash you are driving a 3 ton Hemi V4 with a bunch of oil starved lifters. The cylinder shut down can be temporarily prevented by driving in manual or tow haul mode. Apparently it might be possible to 'tune" it out with a Holley Diablo device. Other wise BIG $ for re and re parts to delete. Lots of 2021+ Ford F*** buyers that wanted the Coyote V8 took the easy way out and cancelled/changed their orders to the Twin Turbo V6 or Diesel when they discovered Ford's highly secretive introduction of cylinder deactivation on the ICE V8.

It is a mess.
My 2020 Durango SRT doesn’t have it. Maybe it’s only on certain models?

-
Back