Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
On scratch rigs I never use the rotating head, exactly as you described it messes up where the button is. Two schools of thought on button. Some guys run it with index finger like a pencil and some guys run it on inside with thumb. Me personally I despise the button start as I am typically in some tantric yoga position to weld so I will typically will not use it and go true scratch start. The foot pedal is worth the hassle dragging it around, sometimes I even had my helper run the pedal for me, or when you are in awkward spots it runs much better being under your leg. I truly believe all the years crawling around, climbing and carrying steel is what destroyed my joints. When you are welding for a living your body is just in a perpetual bind plus whatever weight you are wrestling.
Welding, like mechanic-ing takes its toll on a feller.
I get what you are saying, im going to see if i can pedal it. Spent over 200 on the pedal and no clue if it will work. I guess setting the amperage on the machine will be the high limit?
I dont think mine has the scratch start option.
Esab Rebel emp215

1710535612877.jpeg

1710540412675.png

Scary but awesome picture of the beginning of the very large tornadoe that would destroy 80 percent of a town in northern indiana last night

So it took all day, but garage is clean for 2 cars and working space. Plan is to change the 3.91 for 3.23 again and pull the motor to fix the oil pan leak. Likely other smalls too.

Also got the oil pan changed on the 383, mounted the scatter shield/trans and put in the car for the first time.

20240315_161514.jpg

20240315_162058.jpg

20240315_162230.jpg

Welding, like mechanic-ing takes its toll on a feller.
I get what you are saying, im going to see if i can pedal it. Spent over 200 on the pedal and no clue if it will work. I guess setting the amperage on the machine will be the high limit?
I dont think mine has the scratch start option.
Esab Rebel emp215
You are correct on setting the amperage, keep in mind the high side when you are just starting the bead is much higher than the high side mid bead. I run hot so I always set WFO on the pedal at just under out of control. Remember when TIG welding you can cool the puddle instantly with some rod. Once you get the hang of foot control you will never go back! It is like EFI! Hah! Good luck Frank!

got my front harness on, don't like the factory positive cable setup, will redo it later.. neutral safety switch tested and hooked up. need to pick up a ground cable tomorrow and start putting fluids in..
BTW.. anyone know what thread this is? somehow i lost the screw

And yes... that paint laid down like ****... need to figure why before i do more

1710545236480.jpeg

got my front harness on, don't like the factory positive cable setup, will redo it later.. neutral safety switch tested and hooked up. need to pick up a ground cable tomorrow and start putting fluids in..

And yes... that paint laid down like ****... need to figure why before i do more

View attachment 1716222009
Maybe #12 self tapper.

If I remember you bought that color in a rattle can? And guessing single stage?

If I remember you bought that color in a rattle can? And guessing single stage?

Not rattle can.. yes single stage, i have show single stage before and had it come out great.. this is a newer type of gun i have never used LVLP... just need to learn how to use it, it doesn't look so bad in person.. that pic just is bad :)

Last time i used single stage it was enamel though which is absolutely loved.. not sure if urethane is that much different.. seems way more thinned when shooting though.
I actually do have a rattle can of the same paint and it lays down beautiful.. no pics of what i have done with it though.. different shot of the bay
1710546419737.jpeg

Humidity and or
low air pressure usually give that finish..
Unless it's a show car I wouldn't worry about it.

Not rattle can.. yes single stage, i have show single stage before and had it come out great.. this is a newer type of gun i have never used LVLP... just need to learn how to use it, it doesn't look so bad in person.. that pic just is bad :)

Last time i used single stage it was enamel though which is absolutely loved.. not sure if urethane is that much different.. seems way more thinned when shooting though.
I actually do have a rattle can of the same paint and it lays down beautiful.. no pics of what i have done with it though.. different shot of the bay
View attachment 1716222020
Not trying to down grade your work my friend more of a trying to help out. The overall looks great and most important is that you built it not someone that you paid to do the work. That to me is more eye appealing than a laser Stright car the owner paid big bucks to have someone else do the work and has no clue on all the dirty work evolved.

Not trying to down grade your work my friend more of a trying to help out. The overall looks great and most important is that you built it not someone that you paid to do the work. That to me is more eye appealing than a laser Stright car the owner paid big bucks to have someone else do the work and has no clue on all the dirty work evolved.
i agree with that.. i respect anyone building their own stuff and not just opening a wallet :)

Gee the things that pop up when you are searching for something else.

Increase potential orgasms: According to the BBC, researchers accidentally discovered that wearing socks increased participants’ ability to achieve an orgasm by 30 percent.
Well I’ll keep my socks on tonight :lol:
I know I’m late to the party tonight

Gee the things that pop up when you are searching for something else.

Increase potential orgasms: According to the BBC, researchers accidentally discovered that wearing socks increased participants’ ability to achieve an orgasm by 30 percent.
Does the same hold true if she's wearing nice stockings and high heels?
:lol:

In the Charger? No front sheet metal, no doors and open headers? Absolutely!
Mandatory minimum is test drive with no hood and open headers. Did my buddy’s 70 impaler and the road test was in the evening. He lived 3/4 mile from me, he heard it :lol:

-
Back