Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning gang nothing here just living life. We get better weather tomorrow 70's with no wind looking forward to it,

Picked up something being out amongst the humans it seems. Snotty and sneezing... sinus headache topper.

Yay
Watch it Cheryl's was the same symptoms and it turned into the flu. Took her two weeks to feel better.

Morning!
Warming up to double digits, sunny and very little wind. Nice!
Getting close on the practice side of the cab corner, hope to get driver side done next week.

Don't know what it is about the Portland Swap Meet, seems every year that event is a rain/bad weather magnet. 59 degrees and no rain Friday, 50 and 54 Sat/Sun with 70 percent chance of rain then 60 degrees Monday no rain. I made the mistake one year of going to it wearing blue jeans, nice wicking action on those.

It's Thunderbird Thursday!

1712231125771.png

Good morning :D

I'm not too sure what happened with the water in the swimming pool. I've been maintaining it and adding chlorine as needed for over 2 months and it has been fine. And now it began to get cloudy after only a couple of days. Last year I think somebody threw something over the fence from the street into the pool that caused the water to go bad. I think somebody did that again. Pumping the pool water out now and will introduce new water tomorrow with new chlorine... :thumbsup: :mob:

View attachment 1716231220

View attachment 1716231221
Have you ever considered switching to a salt water pool fill? The maint is dramatically lower and the benefits of not using all the chemicals is appealing. But if your hardware is not set up for it that might be an issue? We switched to salt water and never looked back. The ease of keeping the water balanced is amazing. Just thinking out loud, party on!

Have you ever considered switching to a salt water pool fill? The maint is dramatically lower and the benefits of not using all the chemicals is appealing. But if your hardware is not set up for it that might be an issue? We switched to salt water and never looked back. The ease of keeping the water balanced is amazing. Just thinking out loud, party on!
I saw one at a Navy Base in Everett, nice pool used for training but also had open swim

Have a co-worker retiring, known him since my Navy days, met in 1983. Trying to think of a retirement gift, him and his wife love guns but he has an aresenal and I mean a LOT, any ideas? I was thinking either something from a new high tech shooting range they built or maybe a gift cert. from Skagit Arms, pretty decent local gun shop?

Have a co-worker retiring, known him since my Navy days, met in 1983. Trying to think of a retirement gift, him and his wife love guns but he has an aresenal and I mean a LOT, any ideas? I was thinking either something from a new high tech shooting range they built or maybe a gift cert. from Skagit Arms, pretty decent local gun shop?
I would go gift certificate then he can get what he wants. Or put it towards his next blaster!

I like a gift cert..... then he can get what he needs....

What are you using, chainsaw, excavator? Those do look gnarly!!!
Chainsaw, bucket on tractor and a burn pile. Once they dry out they will literally destroy a chainsaw blade. Hard as stone when they dry. Everyone uses them for fence post as they will not rot. Sometimes the trees are called Bodart around here. They are evil, our property and all those around us are littered with them.

A gift certificate works...maybe 2 (split the amount)? one for Skagit Arms another for them to go out to dinner and celebrate?

Chainsaw, bucket on tractor and a burn pile. Once they dry out they will literally destroy a chainsaw blade. Hard as stone when they dry. Everyone uses them for fence post as they will not rot. Sometimes the trees are called Bodart around here. They are evil, our property and all those around us are littered with them.
Are you pulling the whole tree out, that's a lot of work. I've heard of "black locust" firewood, supposed to be good stuff but must be tough to process it. How long is that road going to be?

Are you pulling the whole tree out, that's a lot of work. I've heard of "black locust" firewood, supposed to be good stuff but must be tough to process it. How long is that road going to be?
The section I am on at present is about thirty acres wide. I have already worked my way up to a nice bench that is just below a Ridge that is essentially the back property line. Working my way horizontally across the mountain if you will.

-
Back