Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's for sure and was more costly to the car owner for the repairs.
But oh so much safer
barf.jpg

Let's put a bag that's inflated by an explosive device 18" from our faces to protect us in collisions :rolleyes:
The first-generation air bags were nasty bad buggers, and if you are still driving around with one still active I would suggest you unplug it. Set off a few still in the cars and would about rip the windshield out of the car and recline the bucket seats.

4 years and over 11,000 miles my BluePrint engine is still running strong. Thanks Johnny and co.

IMG_20240413_211836629.jpg

Some of you may remember that my wife wrecked her brother's new Toyota about a week ago. So, took it to the Toyota dealer to be repaired. They only had it for 5 days. As Fred knows probably shouldn't have been that long because all they had to do was change the front valance, repaint it and put in a new light. When I looked at it close at the dealership I told them the paint does not match. But they don't understand. A car is only new and painted new one time in its life. It's never the same again after it is wrecked. Fred knows that too. The insurance covered most of it. The total bill was 15 million dong. That's about $600 USD. Can only imagine how much that would have been to repair in America. She did have to come out of pocket with 1 and 1/2 million dong, which is about 60 bucks. @Frodee
PXL_20240405_145453196.jpg
PXL_20240414_030222433.jpg
1000003778.jpg

Some of you may remember that my wife wrecked her brother's new Toyota about a week ago. So, took it to the Toyota dealer to be repaired. They only had it for 5 days. As Fred knows probably shouldn't have been that long because all they had to do was change the front valance, repaint it and put in a new light. When I looked at it close at the dealership I told them the paint does not match. But they don't understand. A car is only new and painted new one time in its life. It's never the same again after it is wrecked. Fred knows that too. The insurance covered most of it. The total bill was 15 million dong. That's about $600 USD. Can only imagine how much that would have been to repair in America. She did have to come out of pocket with 1 and 1/2 million dong, which is about 60 bucks. @Frodee
View attachment 1716236292View attachment 1716236294View attachment 1716236295
Hard to tell by the picture but looks like it's a tri coat color and the only way to match it is blend the paint into the fenders. Guessing about 6 grand to repair it. Here in the States would take way more than 5 days to fix it. Would have to tear it apart and find all the damage before even making an estimate. **** getting parts takes more than 5 days.

Heck, I had to get out and see what that 1 1/2" in 9 hrs did. The little creek across the street was dry yesterday, it's right for white water rafting now :lol: Hwy 1, the old Pacific Coast Highway about 2 blocks from here is closed, I think it's flooded up by the goof course :lol: about 3 miles away. I'll go see how much water the oval track collected tomorrow. I'll bet opening day on the 27th gets cancelled :BangHead:

-
Back