Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

So cool
Man i love imperials soo much.. i drove a 66 new yorker for 10 years.. C-bodies are just awesome. I would still like a 64-66 imperial

Since i have a business i just do the ups label online and next time a ups truck shows up i give it to him.. i'm lazy :)

Eric you do this for a living what do you think?
As for RPM and break in? Our engines are very different - OHC and roller everything, but concept is the same. Like I mentioned, keep it varied RPM for the first ~500 miles. I would stay below 2500-3000 for the most part. Then change oil and gradually raise RPM range as miles add up. It used to be said, "break it in the way you will be driving it" So, race cars didn't really have much of a break in compared to a street car. just don't want to glaze the cylinders so you get good ring seal. Working an engine hard breaks things in faster, but I would take it easy.

Also, the rest of the car is new. Anything can happen to any part - especially nowadays. Engine is likely fine, but get used to the car, get a feel for all of it. What it does, how it reacts, etc. By the time you're getting comfortable, it is all broke in. Don't make it in one of the videos of burnouts leaving a car show and crash.

As for RPM and break in? Our engines are very different - OHC and roller everything, but concept is the same. Like I mentioned, keep it varied RPM for the first ~500 miles. I would stay below 2500-3000 for the most part. Then change oil and gradually raise RPM range as miles add up. It used to be said, "break it in the way you will be driving it" So, race cars didn't really have much of a break in compared to a street car. just don't want to glaze the cylinders so you get good ring seal. Working an engine hard breaks things in faster, but I would take it easy.

Also, the rest of the car is new. Anything can happen to any part - especially nowadays. Engine is likely fine, but get used to the car, get a feel for all of it. What it does, how it reacts, etc. By the time you're getting comfortable, it is all broke in. Don't make it in one of the videos of burnouts leaving a car show and crash.
Thanks lots of great info. Taking it easy for sure, there is a lot to get used to.

Usually showing off is when you get yourself in trouble.............I am glad I am 53 and not 23. I have some sense :lol:

-
Back