Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1714044581348.png

Good Morning All! Mike sorry about your S Mom, not good, prayers your way
Didn't hear that news yet, my cousins husband passed away Saturday evening, I haven't seen or heard from my step mother in many years, do you know Doris ? and her son, my half brother Johnny?

You going? Been thinking of skipping the Nats and going to the Roadkill nights event on Woodward this year.
Yes, Becky's sister has been pinging on us for years, her hubby's a car guy and they love that show so we're joining them. Roadkill nights, that sounds fun!

Didn't mean that to sound dicky btw... just shocked people come that far for it

Didn't hear that news yet, my cousins husband passed away Saturday evening, I haven't seen or heard from my step mother in many years, do you know Doris ? and her son, my half brother Johnny?
Sorry to hear about cousins husband, had read your post about that several days ago, I was referring to TMM

Didn't mean that to sound dicky btw... just shocked people come that far for it
I hear it's a big one that runs through multiple towns. We will be doing a lot of visiting as well, wife found her real bio father a couple of years ago, he's 81 and we're trying to get out there as much as possible, he's in Lincoln Park. The sister is actually now a half sister, she has 4 and 2 brothers as well, they're from basically Trenton area

I hear it's a big one that runs through multiple towns. We will be doing a lot of visiting as well, wife found her real bio father a couple of years ago, he's 81 and we're trying to get out there as much as possible, he's in Lincoln Park. The sister is actually now a half sister, she has 4 and 2 brothers as well, they're from basically Trenton area

Ah.. if you haven't been it's absolutely MASSIVE... like insanely massive... i went the first year and never went back.. i'm not good at being around people though. I had my FFR cobra at the time and places wanted $50 to park for 5 mins to go talk to people i knew... just annoyed me.

As a kid i cruised woodward and gratiot, i think i got it out of my system back then :)

Oh , my bad, need to do some back reading to get updated on that, thank you.
No worries Memike : ) I've been off the site or on for so short of time I can't keep up with it all either. I'm here for the day tho, avoiding burnout at work so into the shop for the day, also burning stuff on the bbq. Seahawks have the 16th selection, they'll probably trade back.

Ah.. if you haven't been it's absolutely MASSIVE... like insanely massive... i went the first year and never went back.. i'm not good at being around people though. I had my FFR cobra at the time and places wanted $50 to park for 5 mins to go talk to people i knew... just annoyed me.

As a kid i cruised woodward and gratiot, i think i got it out of my system back then :)
Never heard of Gratiot, just took a peek, that one goes pretty far North. Wifes sister was talking about some VIP place they go when they do Woodward, don't know what that comes with, beer/music. Not sure if we're going that route or what's going to happen, beer will lol!

Never heard of Gratiot, just took a peek, that one goes pretty far North. Wifes sister was talking about some VIP place they go when they do Woodward, don't know what that comes with, beer/music. Not sure if we're going that route or what's going to happen, beer will lol!

Woodward and gratiot were the 2 massive cruise streets from the early 70s to late 80s... i much preferred gratiot.. but woodward was better for racing.. that's where guys like tom hoover went to test cars.. Telegraph was also used but too far west and not as much fun...

Problem with Gratiot in the 80s was the cops... east detroit (now called eastpointe) cops were complete cunts. But.. turbo blue was cheap and we had a lot of fun :)

Jesus.. you come all the way from washington for it? I literally live 8 miles from it and don't go.... you are nuts :)
Lol, I live 8 miles from Deception Pass Bridge, have to drive over that to get off the island, summertime that involves dodging tourists, they flock from all over the state to see it and camp in the park there, think that's kind of the same thing in a way.

Woodward and gratiot were the 2 massive cruise streets from the early 70s to late 80s... i much preferred gratiot.. but woodward was better for racing.. that's where guys like tom hoover went to test cars.. Telegraph was also used but too far west and not as much fun...

Problem with Gratiot in the 80s was the cops... east detroit (now called eastpointe) cops were complete cunts. But.. turbo blue was cheap and we had a lot of fun :)
Been on Telegraph, don't think you can drive around where my wife or sister are from too much w/o being on that one. Think she calls it TV highway?

Been on Telegraph, don't think you can drive around where my wife or sister are from too much w/o being on that one. Think she calls it TV highway?

No idea on tv highway.. i'm a eastsider... honestly driving on telegraph in normal traffic is terrifying.. west side people do not know how to drive :)

in the summer they do a gratiot cruise here also, i like it more than woodward.. it's like 1/10th the people and less corporate.. still packed but not as nuts.. woodward is like 10 miles of soo many people you can barely move

No idea on tv highway.. i'm a eastsider... honestly driving on telegraph in normal traffic is terrifying.. west side people do not know how to drive :)

in the summer they do a gratiot cruise here also, i like it more than woodward.. it's like 1/10th the people and less corporate.. still packed but not as nuts.. woodward is like 10 miles of soo many people you can barely move
I heard it's packed, only reason I would think a VIP area might be cool dunno. They've been going there for years so will trust they'll do it right

Tell me if I have this part right about driving in Michigan, when the light turns green you'd better be on the gas!

-
Back