Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
K.. parts showed up.. time to build a big *** server
View attachment 1716241905
Thats funny right there! Thought you were going weird science on us!
1714143724448.png

Little wet down here in Oside, nothin measurable. May wanna keep the doonsbuugy in the garage though. They expect 50 mph sandblasting fun out there in the desert.

Seahawks drafted a big defensive lineman out of Texas, glad they did that. My smoked pork tasted good but was wrong cut, wouldn't shred so wifey chopped it up and put it on fries, colby cheese, bbq sauce, green onions, sour cream but she forgot the pickled red onions, still was good tho

Porkfries.jpeg

Soo... i can spend 6 months and hundreds of hours grinding/cutting/welding on a car and not hurt myself.. but build 1 server and i look like i fingered a GF on her period..... ******* stamped stainless parts are razors waiting in ambush to destroy me

Soo... i can spend 6 months and hundreds of hours grinding/cutting/welding on a car and not hurt myself.. but build 1 server and i look like i fingered a GF on her period..... ******* stamped stainless parts are razors waiting in ambush to destroy me
Well just RAM it then.... : )

I didn't even think bout a heatgun... plus then you lose that joyous feeling of melted burning rubber landing on your arms :)

So question to all you mid sixties (or more) gym rats out there. As a result of a lifetime of (serious not hobby) lifting weights and the subsequent joint replacements in my mid sixties I find myself migrating to more and more cardio. I am still lifting very regularly but more for range of motion than actual weight. Example: work sets on bench are just under 150 pounds, leg press sled same weight basically. Two plates and some dimes. I am getting bored. All my cardio was always on the ice, skating my nuts off playing hockey so never really focused on stationary bike as a result of skating 2-3 times per week. I find myself now perched on a stationary bike thinking to myself what is a good distance? What is a good cardio sustained HB for a guy my age? Any input gym rats?
@ZMan67S @WV64Signet @MOPARMITCH

So question to all you mid sixties (or more) gym rats out there. As a result of a lifetime of (serious not hobby) lifting weights and the subsequent joint replacements in my mid sixties I find myself migrating to more and more cardio. I am still lifting very regularly but more for range of motion than actual weight. Example: work sets on bench are just under 150 pounds, leg press sled same weight basically. Two plates and some dimes. I am getting bored. All my cardio was always on the ice, skating my nuts off playing hockey so never really focused on stationary bike as a result of skating 2-3 times per week. I find myself now perched on a stationary bike thinking to myself what is a good distance? What is a good cardio sustained HB for a guy my age? Any input gym rats?

I can't answer your question.. but if you get bored on the bike look into a rowing machine.. i switched from a bike to a rowing machine and it kicks my *** and you get more of a workout than just your legs, good for working the shoulders/back without impact..

The Concept2 is about the best home rower.. it's gym quality though

I actually use a lot of HIIT for cardio...
I'm "Team Bowflex" so that's where I get a lot of it from.

HVT will have me hit muscle failure in 18 - 20 minutes.

Max Trainer is a good whole- body cardio experience... "The Machine" to steal from The Princess Bride. Instructor led or profile workouts. Sprint/upper body work

I have a Bowflex Velocore bike... with a 16" screen. Allows for instructor led or ride programs... pick music and accompanying video. Requires subscription, but we'll worth it compared to staring at a blank wall. I use this for endurance... max VO2

Currently I'm at about 180 bpm max... low/resting around 56 bpm. I shoot for 130 - 140 for aerobic work.

I'm conscious of knee stains/ stress. The bike is most friendly... Max Trainer second... HVT can get stressed with some of the jumping or lunging exercises (speed of reps is very high).

I've tried rowing but for me the low back/knee stress was a non-starter.

I use a Polar H10 chest strap due to its compatibility with the machines and smart watches

20240426_132113.jpg

20240426_132120.jpg

20240426_132128.jpg

I actually use a lot of HIIT for cardio...
I'm "Team Bowflex" so that's where I get a lot of it from.

HVT will have me hit muscle failure in 18 - 20 minutes.

Max Trainer is a good whole- body cardio experience... "The Machine" to steal from The Princess Bride. Instructor led or profile workouts. Sprint/upper body work

I have a Bowflex Velocore bike... with a 16" screen. Allows for instructor led or ride programs... pick music and accompanying video. Requires subscription, but we'll worth it compared to staring at a blank wall. I use this for endurance... max VO2

Currently I'm at about 180 bpm max... low/resting around 56 bpm. I shoot for 130 - 140 for aerobic work.

I'm conscious of knee stains/ stress. The bike is most friendly... Max Trainer second... HVT can get stressed with some of the jumping or lunging exercises (speed of reps is very high).

I've tried rowing but for me the low back/knee stress was a non-starter.

I use a Polar H10 chest strap due to its compatibility with the machines and smart watches

View attachment 1716241981

View attachment 1716241982

View attachment 1716241983
Thanks for the intel. With titanium knees I have to be smart on impact. My resting BPM is just under 60 or dead nuts on sixty on any given day. Today was my first day monitoring BPM in cardio workout. I stayed right at 110 which I felt was low but really did not know? I am trying to be smart and not be my normal must be extreme self. When I get frustrated lifting and decide F it I am doing more weight I simply strip the bar and walk away. If I stay I will succumb to my ego, then sure as the world I will be purchasing another shoulder. Ego or vanity not sure which it is, but it is darn sure dangerous!

Not a good day for Fish n Chips on the pier yesterday.
View attachment 1716242001
Look at that creosote burn, had something like that somewhere up here, crabbing processing or something, whole place went up and getting it rebuilt was going to be hard to do with new environmental regulations, wonder how that got started?

-
Back