Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Afternoon all, grand opening car show at a tire store out here. Lots of new Mustangs and corvette’s challenges. Took some pics of older stuff. Coronet was a 16 year olds first car from his Grandfather, all original with 80 thousand miles. Cool little car, and he loves it.

View attachment 1716251830

View attachment 1716251831

View attachment 1716251832

View attachment 1716251833

View attachment 1716251835

View attachment 1716251836

View attachment 1716251837
Some nice cars Dave, thanks for the pictures.

Friend of mine is bringing his third peddle Hemi car to MITP so you have another 3 peddle guy to give us 2 peddle guys a hard time. :lol:
I put a 351W and C4 in my '66 Ranchero to make it more reliable for commuting to work 2 1/2 hrs away. Previously it had a rather peppy 289 and top loader 4 spd in it :steering: It would have been fun to get that 289 on a chassis dyno, it would burn the G60s through first and second and half way through third :D. Left the third peddle in it in case the next victim wanted to return it to it's 4 spd heritage. Couple pieces of 1"x1/8" flat stock and a short piece of 1" box tubing and tied it to the brake pedal.

I put a 351W and C4 in my '66 Ranchero to make it more reliable for commuting to work 2 1/2 hrs away. Previously it had a rather peppy 289 and top loader 4 spd in it :steering: It would have been fun to get that 289 on a chassis dyno, it would burn the G60s through first and second and half way through third :D. Left the third peddle in it in case the next victim wanted to return it to it's 4 spd heritage. Couple pieces of 1"x1/8" flat stock and a short piece of 1" box tubing and tied it to the brake pedal.
That works to extend the peddle a bit.

'66 was a transition year for the Ranchero, it said FALCON, but many of the replacement parts had to come from the FAIRLANE parts book :lol: that pedal cluster being one of them. :BangHead: made me and the parts guy at MoFoCo nutz many times for things like that :rofl:

Did a Ribeye steak and baked potato on the BBQ tonight but dropped it all bringing it in the house after cooking it. Just used Round Up in the yard for weeds and sure **** my dinner landed in it. :BangHead:
Canned chili for dinner tonight.
Ah it’s safe, just ask any farmer…

Nice, a postcar like mine. Also a 65. Although mine was originally a slant 6 three on the tree. Now has a 440 with automatic. But I have a good 4-speed transmission for the car. I'm going to switch it over back to the manual. Pedals and everything are all in place.
Sweet ride for sure Mitch. Pictures please.

Sweet ride for sure Mitch. Pictures please.
It's been sitting on the side for a while. Will need front floors and some quarter panel work. I have good fenders for it. Other than that, the car is in pretty good shape rust wise.
0623181656.jpg
0623181655.jpg
0623181656c.jpg
0623181655_HDR.jpg

The rainy season has started here in South Vietnam. About 2 weeks ago It started raining everyday. Not all day but at least some times of the day. This is why I always go back to America around this time. Not only is it the rainy season but it is more humid. Which is not good. So I will wait until the dry season arrives in October before I return to Vietnam. The weather is beautiful here from October through April..

Just cooked up the last Australian beef half pound hamburger that I had. Burger with bacon and cheese and Dijon mustard. Will be at the airport within 24 hours . Might be ready for a nap..

Morning!
Rain again. Going to not be any fun going to fetch a door hinge for Studebaker. Torches, grinder, sawzall, impact,drill,socket set and screwdrivers. Hammer and chisels. Oh, and a drill.

-
Back