Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok question, this is similar to the fuel assembly in my tank. The fuel line is connected but this( circled in blue) is open with nothing on it, is it a vent and supposed to be open?

View attachment 1716254827
Basically it is a return line , or vent...Like Fred said, you can put an extension hose on it and a filter and just keep it in the back of the car....

Perty day out there today, not quite 70° but close, no wind to speak of. Took off across the valley and got myself a little racing fix :D. Go Karts at the oval track :steering: More of the little beggars there today, enough for racing. From where I was sitting on that section of K-Rail just outside the catch fence, it looked like a good day to put the slicks on and save the treaded tires for a softer moister track. Kinda dusty it was and almost every racer spun out at least once during the heat races :eek:. I think the track is shorter than we used to race there, straights are almost non-existant.

Any of you guys ever run a car on jackstands to check the trans/gears... i got the exhasut on mine (still way too loud) and in second i have some noises that are like well.. i don't know how to describe it.. i'm wondering if the rear end having no load at all if the pinion could be bouncing off it's lash and making the driveshaft ring?

It's the metallic clatter you're talking about? I'm zero help here though....

@Mopar Tim

yeah.it almost sounds like if you put a socket in a can and rattled it.. only when i rev. i can't see that sound coming from a trans

Caveated that I'm not expert... if not drive train... then, vibration causing sumthin that's loose to resonate adjacent?

There's a lot of noise there to pick through

yeah.. phone speaker isn't the best for this.. and i got the full exhaust on today, first one i have made my self and i'm pretty happy with it it's way too loud though.. will see how it is outside the garage
sorry bout the sideways vid..

It sounds better in person

I have been under a few vehicles running up to and beyond 60 mph. Diffs are noisy when they arent under load. Scary too, when asshole boss holds it to floor.I have a tool, chassis ear. Microphones on clamps and leads go into cab. They plug in a box, selectable and listen through headphones. Can hear brake pads riding on rotors. Sensetive enough.

I have been under a few vehicles running up to and beyond 60 mph. Diffs are noisy when they arent under load. Scary too, when asshole boss holds it to floor.I have a tool, chassis ear. Microphones on clamps and leads go into cab. They plug in a box, selectable and listen through headphones. Can hear brake pads riding on rotors. Sensetive enough.
yeah.. it actually got quieter when i removed the drums.. i had them held on with 2 lugs. I'm pretty sure it's the ring/pinion rubberbanding and making the driveshaft make noise.. it's 3.5" steel and rings if you tap it. i'm way too paranoid... i can put the seats in and see if it moves next.. i need to look into insurance/plates for historical cars in mich

Well our County is a mess after the twister last night. We still have 45,000 folks with no electricity. Blew the windows out and ripped all the siding off one of our rentals. No one was hurt. As these things go,the houses around our rental not so lucky.

Well our County is a mess after the twister last night. We still have 45,000 folks with no electricity. Blew the windows out and ripped all the siding off one of our rentals. No one was hurt. As these things go,the houses around our rental not so lucky.
jesus man.. at lease you guys are ok.. This weather has been insane

yeah.. phone speaker isn't the best for this.. and i got the full exhaust on today, first one i have made my self and i'm pretty happy with it it's way too loud though.. will see how it is outside the garage
sorry bout the sideways vid..

It sounds better in person

Sounds Badass!!

Most every Kart racer has a Kart stand for working on the racer
1716763510805.png

You and your buddy lift it up there to the stand.
New development since I last raced.
1716763751119.png

Get the hooks on the stand on the Kart bumper, push button, lifts Kart :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks looks like we are in for another night of it. Tornado watch is already on for this evening. Arghh
I had never seen a tornado near us until last year and it's about the scariest thing i have ever seen, it hit my sisters house and was miles away from mine and still fucked **** up.

I think I paid $11 for my Daisy side by side BB Gun. :lol: I had one of these.View attachment 1716254831
It counted nickles, dimes, and quarters and didn't open up until it had $10 in it.
Took a long while to get it to open when I only got 50 cents to wash Dad's pickup :lol:
The Daisy BB gun manufacturing plant is right here in NorthWest Arkansas. It is now shut down. Our granddaughter has the very last pink BB gun to come off the line. Yes we know somebody. Cool as heck.

Good stormy Sunday…

I’ll say this, my kids are totally screwed.

We lost power for not even 10 freaking minutes, I had 3 kids in total meltdown over not having power to watch TV, or their tablets or whatever… I’m thinking dad needs to schedule a weekly power outage to correct this problem.
We got over 45,000 people with no power since last nights tornado. And they are talking several days to restore from the damage. Sounds like we made National news? Rogers Arkansas.

-
Back