Stop in for a drink.

-
Double Vodka Gimlet, dirty, stirred not shaken.
james-bond-clipart-12.jpg

A buddy just won a bottle of Rip Van Winkle 10 year. Look that one up just for fun! Don't forget who your friends are Travis! LOL

I like Vodka Tonics. Haven't had a Gimlet for ages.

Never cared for tonic much. Bad experience with it on a Van Nuys Blvd Wednesday Night adventure back in the 70s :rolleyes:. Right after I returned from the March Meet and learning more about Covid I drank a glass every day for the quinine for a couple weeks. Never know, may have worked :rolleyes:.

I need to mess with my keg system again. It is hard to keep it carbonated and small leaks can be a pain. My liter amber plastic bottles have been working well. I have a few dozen glass liter bottles with the bail tops that work well too. With new seals and too much priming sugar you can blow the bottoms out. Oops.

Kegerators do take some willpower to live with. So does a chest freezer with temp controller and 3 corny keg of beer. It's a slippery slope for sure, but it sure is nice having a variety to choose from.

Kegerators do take some willpower to live with. So does a chest freezer with temp controller and 3 corny keg of beer. It's a slippery slope for sure, but it sure is nice having a variety to choose from.
I have 4 gallon of Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout getting happy in the basement. I need to check my bottling dates and bring a sample upstairs to rest a couple days in the frig. Sounds like a tasting on Friday or Saturday.

Orange Shandy is my most popular. I usually bring a couple cases to Mopars in the Park to share. The guys out east liked it too at Carlisle and The Nats.

There is so much I enjoy about home brewing. Its really about the only cooking I actually like to do. :lol:

The wait is the hardest part, but definitely worth it in the end. I can totally understand how people can get really sucked into experimenting and going overboard with purchasing a whole bunch of equipment. I've kept my operation small (3 fermenters), which is only 6 gallons of beer. but it allows me to have 3 different batches going at once, its a nice variety. Now is it cheaper to go and buy beer, yep it sure is. This is just more rewarding in the end!

There is so much I enjoy about home brewing. Its really about the only cooking I actually like to do. :lol:

The wait is the hardest part, but definitely worth it in the end. I can totally understand how people can get really sucked into experimenting and going overboard with purchasing a whole bunch of equipment. I've kept my operation small (3 fermenters), which is only 6 gallons of beer. but it allows me to have 3 different batches going at once, its a nice variety. Now is it cheaper to go and buy beer, yep it sure is. This is just more rewarding in the end!
Exactly. But once the basic equipment is paid for you can buy bargain mixes on E bay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Beer-60...340333&hash=item4b0985351e:g:aLwAAOSw2A9ehMSv
What's that figure out a 16 oz serving. $1.50? Not bad for a craft beer. I use plastic buckets with a snap lid from WalMart. It is fun to have the gizmo's to play with. but the basics work very well.

I'm not much of a scotch drinker because of the peat but damn the is single malt is good stuff. From Cedar Ridge a hour south of here. Just a hint of peat and silky smooth.

20201209_151636.jpg

Oh and if you want to spend half as much this is a good pick.

20201209_162811.jpg

So wife and I just got off phone with Zman wife, as he is feeling puny. So anyway she strolls back in room rocking a nice glass of red wine. I ask WTF where’s mine? She replies I killed it, I retort man o man, one way like a street. I add, I remember when we used to be buddies (we have 10 grandkids)! She looks me dead in the eye and says yeah but that was before they only put three glasses in a bottle.

One of my ol' high school buddies showed me out to make Limoncello (Lemoncello) and we bottled it last week. Made from Everclear 190 proof. Phew! Need to remember not to blow out any birthday candles after a taste.

20201128_211337.jpg

I heard through the grapevine that there's a new liquor store opened not to far from the drag strip. I stopped by and damn, they have a nice selection of beer, wine, and spirits. I brought home a bottle of rye that is real tasty for the price.

130045154_3889219934424580_1918991247112915214_o.jpg

-
Back