Stop in for a drink.

-
This is fun. A friend dropped it off. Ya, he's a Mopar guy too. Hey @Sublime one, this is Travis.

20210313_165542.jpg

20210313_151822.jpg

Recipe for the day
Consume enough of that Starbucks Venti Latte for 2 shots of Fireball
Add Fireball
Carefully microwave the combination to restore proper temperature
and consume :D

We heard a big blast here on Friday that shook the house. I was wondering if they might have demolished a bridge nearby. We heard another blast this afternoon, bigger than the one on Friday. I was outside doing the tree work and felt the blast wave physically. It literally shook the ground.

Started doing a little digging and found that there is a granite quarry just a few miles across the valley in the direction the blast came from that I never knew was there. I guess they are ramping up production!

View attachment 1715707041

I used to tilt my loader bucket all the way down and set the cutting edge on the ground and take cover under the bucket when Alvin was setting off a shot. :lol:

So a mere four years later I finally got to the point I could put new (to me) grill from CL in place. Here is my reward. Ya know anything about this one TMM? A buddy from Nebraska traded it to me for some shotgun instruction/coaching. And a shout out to Dd for the art guidance so many years ago trying to sort out hood graphics! Thanks Dave, it turned out great!

2A252075-DDB9-4385-9460-0B026571F667.jpeg

0C12E1B6-58DA-44AB-9F1A-F476F8FE4190.jpeg

So a mere four years later I finally got to the point I could put new (to me) grill from CL in place. Here is my reward. Ya know anything about this one TMM? A buddy from Nebraska traded it to me for some shotgun instruction/coaching. And a shout out to Dd for the art guidance so many years ago trying to sort out hood graphics! Thanks Dave, it turned out great!

View attachment 1715707449

View attachment 1715707450
I have not tried it but is Iowa hooch and supposed to be good. Sweet and spicy. Corn and rye from Cedar Ridge.

This thread has totally went to the dogs! Hah! Somehow and I am not totally sure how I went from bourbon to tequila and OJ. Oh I remember now, I was scrounging in beer fridge for the hidden Girl Scout cookies and spied the opened bottle of OJ. Thought to myself WTF? How did that get in shop fridge? Oh yah, wife likes tequila and OJ and was hanging out in shop earlier this week. So I sniffed the OJ thinking to myself this jug is clearly taking up to much space in fridge, it passed the sniff test. Disclaimer: At this point in the day so would virtually anything, just sayin.. So I proceeded to dump a bunch of tequila in the OJ jug, space utilization problem solved!

35BFE6E6-6D42-43E0-AF6E-FCA5A32EE7C1.jpeg

This thread has totally went to the dogs! Hah! Somehow and I am not totally sure how I went from bourbon to tequila and OJ. Oh I remember now, I was scrounging in beer fridge for the hidden Girl Scout cookies and spied the opened bottle of OJ. Thought to myself WTF? How did that get in shop fridge? Oh yah, wife likes tequila and OJ and was hanging out in shop earlier this week. So I sniffed the OJ thinking to myself this jug is clearly taking up to much space in fridge, it passed the sniff test. Disclaimer: At this point in the day so would virtually anything, just sayin.. So I proceeded to dump a bunch of tequila in the OJ jug, space utilization problem solved!

View attachment 1715707567
Damn! that sounds good but still working on my beer and found some Frito's and made some Jalapeno dip and going to watch some old time drag racing on YouTube and vegetate the rest of the day.

Well, if that second pine tree hadn’t gone down in the wind on Friday night it surely should have this afternoon. We have 25-30 mph sustained winds and gusts to 50 mph.

The good news is that it is tearing the broken branches out of the trees that I was going to go after next weekend. I think I will just hang out in the shop with some cold ones and listen to the wind do some yard work for me.

:lol:
Yep, really windy here.
Was out driving earlier and a huge cardboard box (like from a piece of furniture) slid across the road in front of me. :steering: Definitely not a day to be hangin out under the trees.

Yep, really windy here.
Was out driving earlier and a huge cardboard box (like from a piece of furniture) slid across the road in front of me. :steering: Definitely not a day to be hangin out under the trees.
Too windy to stack bb's. so they say.

Well, that was interesting. I went outside to see what the wind was blowing around when a large turkey buzzard swooped low across the front yard just as a big gust of wind hit it. The bird got tipped sideways and slammed into the corner of the siding near the roof line and spun down between the garage door and the front of my 300C.

I quickly went over to see if it was hurt and found it just standing there looking a fair bit dazed. It seemed to be uninjured, but quite confused...and when it realized I was there, went on a quick walk across the lawn into the neighbors back yard under their spruce trees. I think it’s going to stay on the ground for a while!
Them's some big birds...

Mae did a nice supper tonight. Grilled ribeyes, mashed taters, sauteed mushrooms and onions, green beans... and beer.
Maybe not the best imp stout I've had, A little low on the ABV for an imp stout at 8.2, but very drinkable :thumbsup:

70C6D846-3C0F-43AF-A288-0DA3ED9AFD52.jpeg

Mae did a nice supper tonight. Grilled ribeyes, mashed taters, sauteed mushrooms and onions, green beans... and beer.
Maybe not the best imp stout I've had, A little low on the ABV for an imp stout at 8.2, but very drinkable :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715707644
Oooooooo Imperial stout with coffee and oatmeal. Sounds good. I have some coffee malt I could add into a batch. Dave suggested that a while back.

Oooooooo Imperial stout with coffee and oatmeal. Sounds good. I have some coffee malt I could add into a batch. Dave suggested that a while back.
Lots of flavor. It is VERY smooth. Maybe that's it's biggest fault - almost too smooth for an Imp.

Lots of flavor. It is VERY smooth. Maybe that's it's biggest fault - almost too smooth for an Imp.
My oatmeal stout and chocolate oatmeal is very smooth. It's the oatmeal. It takes the bitterness away and gives it a creamy mouth feel.

Last edited:
My dinner is a chili burger with homemade fries and a Snickers milk shake.
Unfortunately I made it but the milk shake is good.

-
Back