Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
finfridayII.jpg

It's Fin Friday!
Good morning :D

They canceled the California Mid State Fair yesterday. Big event in the next county in the middle of the wine territory. So much for seeing any good concerts this summer :BangHead:.

They canceled the California Mid State Fair yesterday. Big event in the next county in the middle of the wine territory. So much for seeing any good concerts this summer :BangHead:.
if they've cancelled the Boston marathon, im thinking everything else will be cancelled as well

Well, good morning. What is going on here, is LOTS of fairgrounds are going out of business, EVEN Del Mar. Bakersfield, Santa Rosa, Boise, several. NOT good......

Well, good morning. What is going on here, is LOTS of fairgrounds are going out of business, EVEN Del Mar. Bakersfield, Santa Rosa, Boise, several. NOT good......
yeah i can imagine.

Looks like a disposable propane bottle. Plumbers type of hand held torch.

I use that for everything now. I think Home Depot and Lowes both carry the bottles. Forget who I got the last one from, I know one of them was out of stock when I went for it. And I think there is a slight difference in the torch so see if it says for MAPP
Dam was thinking of doing this one in the fall.
Eastern Fall Meet - Hershey Region AACA
That sucks, but not surprised

Seriously think it is all done this year. PA will not allow large gatherings, not even spectators at sports yet let alone a huge venue.
A lot going on in state guberment right now. Some going green today, will see. Carlisle will have to make a final call on the rescheduled Spring show any day now
116/82 heart rate 73. I'm good!
126/76 64 here after breakfast. :thumbsup: Usually a bit higher at night, but still OK

This will definitely kill a lot of the fairgrounds around here for sure.
It is a shame. That industry supports lots of family's. LOTS of money there.....the rides are over a million each, All the trucks on the road, think about it.........

It sure is, and if these venues close for good, there goes a lot of his future revenue.....
yeah, these shut downs will take at least 5 years to recover from. if anyone ever fully recovers. I know some places were just finally back in the black after the 08 disaster

I use that for everything now. I think Home Depot and Lowes both carry the bottles. Forget who I got the last one from, I know one of them was out of stock when I went for it. And I think there is a slight difference in the torch so see if it says for MAPP

That sucks, but not surprised

A lot going on in state guberment right now. Some going green today, will see. Carlisle will have to make a final call on the rescheduled Spring show any day now

126/76 64 here after breakfast. :thumbsup: Usually a bit higher at night, but still OK
I knew Mapp gas was hotter but never looked up how much. Not a on I see. One site says Mapp is 3160° and another says 3730°. Who do you believe? LOL

"MAP-Pro gas burns at a temperature of 3,730 degrees Fahrenheit, while propane burns at 3,600 F. Because it heats copper faster and to a higher temperature, MAP-Pro gas is a superior alternative to propane for soldering. If you opt to use it, the manufacturer recommends using a specially designed torch''

Oh it definitely hurts the economy overall.
the trickle down effect is huge too.

for example, we were supposed to build a house in June. Bank put a halt to it. Not because of anything we did, but we were pre-approved back in Feb, 2.2 % APR. both our scores are in the 700s. the bank raised the minimum score on us to 840 for new construction. I've called around this week to over two dozen banks. Almost all of them had raised their scores above 800, most in the 820 to 860 range and with at least 30% down in most cases, some were lower. or stopped doing new construction loans altogether, which most choosing the latter option. So now we're on hold until who knows when.

I knew Mapp gas was hotter but never looked up how much. Not a on I see. One site says Mapp is 3160° and another says 3730°. Who do you believe? LOL

"MAP-Pro gas burns at a temperature of 3,730 degrees Fahrenheit, while propane burns at 3,600 F. Because it heats copper faster and to a higher temperature, MAP-Pro gas is a superior alternative to propane for soldering. If you opt to use it, the manufacturer recommends using a specially designed torch''
im guessing that underline part by me is due to the temperature rating of the tips?

-
Back