Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I did an exhaust system on an F250 with a 460 and now the customer is saying the gas mileage is in the toilet.

How does a truck go from 13 miles to the gallon with a plugged up, piece of trash, rusted exhaust to 7 miles to the gallon with a shiny new unrestricted flowmaster exhaust?????

Something wong
Better flow,more power,tempted to drive a little harder. Efi or carb?
If carb, i would check choke/heat riser and air cleaner.

I know with efi,if headers are installed the flow will carry out unburned fuel as its injected before exhaust valve closes. But 1/2 the mileage? That’s a big change. May have to flatten exhaust pipe so its as restricted as it was before. Kidding.
And some older fords took a while to relearn after dramatic changes were made. A battery disconnect would help on some.

I cleaned an iac on a 5.0 a couple weeks ago, went from stalling cold to a very high idle. A few days of driving and it adapted.

Last time Barb was around, she said she was really busy.

Im busy too,this work thing is really cutting into my FABO time.

I think she got tired of me asking about her strawberries..
Hey Ben, did you see my Iowa brew I posted last night. This stuff is heavenly! No bite, no burn, sweet, and smooth finish. It has a different nose though. Couldn't put my finger on what it smelled like. Iowa Corn Liquor!
20181018_210028.jpg

Better flow,more power,tempted to drive a little harder. Efi or carb?
If carb, i would check choke/heat riser and air cleaner.

I know with efi,if headers are installed the flow will carry out unburned fuel as its injected before exhaust valve closes. But 1/2 the mileage? That’s a big change. May have to flatten exhaust pipe so its as restricted as it was before. Kidding.
And some older fords took a while to relearn after dramatic changes were made. A battery disconnect would help on some.

I cleaned an iac on a 5.0 a couple weeks ago, went from stalling cold to a very high idle. A few days of driving and it adapted.
It's an efi. 1991.

I didn't put headers in but cut the pipe right in front of where the cat was and everything back is new and everything front of that point is original.

Interesting stuff, and you would be an awesome neighbor or good to have hangin out in the shop :)

Hey Ben, did you see my Iowa brew I posted last night. This stuff is heavenly! No bite, no burn, sweet, and smooth finish. It has a different nose though. Couldn't put my finger on what it smelled like. Iowa Corn Liquor! View attachment 1715237397
But I think Ben likes bites, burns, ropes, chains.... And don't smell his finger!:rofl:

Hey Ben, did you see my Iowa brew I posted last night. This stuff is heavenly! No bite, no burn, sweet, and smooth finish. It has a different nose though. Couldn't put my finger on what it smelled like. Iowa Corn Liquor! View attachment 1715237397
Sounds like a good one to try out. I tend toward wheated bourbons, but I'm always up to sample something new..

Well it wasnt a bad day, but wind came up and its cold...

-
Back