Stop in for a drink.

-
I have been on antibiotics for a couple weeks and have been on the wagon. It must have been nasty stuff because the doctor and the pharmacist both said "Do not drink alcohol" "Even mouthwash. It will make you sick" Well I have some catching up to do. LOL

I have been on antibiotics for a couple weeks and have been on the wagon. It must have been nasty stuff because the doctor and the pharmacist both said "Do not drink alcohol" "Even mouthwash. It will make you sick" Well I have some catching up to do. LOL
I have did some research on that bottle I have set back for us and it is apparently some really good stuff. Pricey too! More awards than I can list and a lot of gold medals. I think I will bring it to Mopars in the park and just set it out as fair game! It was a nice tip from a rich guy I do welding for. I welded up some cast aluminum for him. Hope your feeling better guy.

I have did some research on that bottle I have set back for us and it is apparently some really good stuff. Pricey too! More awards than I can list and a lot of gold medals. I think I will bring it to Mopars in the park and just set it out as fair game! It was a nice tip from a rich guy I do welding for. I welded up some cast aluminum for him. Hope your feeling better guy.
Thanks and doing better. I was kind of wigging out about the Diverticulitis and a noisy heart valve at the same time. Good I can have a sip and relax a bit. Looking forward to MITP show. It is always a good time. We (buddies that I go to the shows with) have been talking about our planned trip to the Nats and to Carlisle. We agreed that we like MITP as well or better than the Nats. We may not go this year.

If all goes as planned I may pick up a 65 Cornet on my way to the MITP show. That would be exciting!

If all goes as planned I may pick up a 65 Cornet on my way to the MITP show. That would be exciting!
I love coronets! Tried buying one last year from a local but there was just to much body work to be done. I am super disappointed with my decision today on the Demon as it will set me back at least two months. But I really like the car and want to do it nicely instead of my normal racer type self. In fact this is literally the first one I have ever painted the engine bay to match. Usually I just rattle can them black and throw in the high HP motor! No way now I will get the Demon to MITP. That was my goal. I cut out all the frame support I already had in just to be sure I didn't puss out and just take her to paint shop. Forces me to do it right, arghh. I just know deep down I would be pissed every time I looked at firewall and inner fenders if I don't stop regroup and do it right. You guys really are an inspiration. There is so much talent on FABO.

I hate to get my hopes up
I love coronets! Tried buying one last year from a local but there was just to much body work to be done. I am super disappointed with my decision today on the Demon as it will set me back at least two months. But I really like the car and want to do it nicely instead of my normal racer type self. In fact this is literally the first one I have ever painted the engine bay to match. Usually I just rattle can them black and throw in the high HP motor! No way now I will get the Demon to MITP. That was my goal. I cut out all the frame support I already had in just to be sure I didn't puss out and just take her to paint shop. Forces me to do it right, arghh. I just know deep down I would be pissed every time I looked at firewall and inner fenders if I don't stop regroup and do it right. You guys really are an inspiration. There is so much talent on FABO.

PM sent

Toolmanmike....gonna give this a try...sampled it in the store and it was good...Kim even liked it!

652EC088-99B2-492D-9D92-0BE5850D1CB4.jpeg

I'm sure there will be no lack of things to try. LOL I had a $150 bottle of Whistle pig that my wife got as a gift (she's not a drinker). I un-corked it and sipped on it for a week. Damn it was good. Then I took it down the hill to Ted's and we finished it off. Did I say Damn it was good? LOL

Evening.
Should have a drink, was a rough couple days.

I had a 68 coronet, would like to have another.
That and my sport fury.

Wow I found some drinking partners Hey guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I drink by myself and always good to have others to talk to without leaving the house. lol

Wow I found some drinking partners Hey guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I drink by myself and always good to have others to talk to without leaving the house. lol
Welcome Fred. What's your favorite flavor?

Welcome Fred. What's your favorite flavor?
Whiskey is my favorite with or without 7/up. But I like just about anything after a hard day.
Retired a few months back and restoring my 73 Scamp finally.
I was a body man painter all my life so now time to do mine and enjoy helping others on theirs.

I know it's early but had bad day I was changing the oil on my daily driver and knocked the last jug of oil over on the shop floor and wasted about 2 quarts. So jumped in my old 88 chevy p/u and headed to town to get more oil. Well about half way to town {20 miles away} I remembered that the tabs were expired and then the truck started over heating so stopped and filled the radiator with snow and got to town and got pulled over for expired tabs. The cop let me go thank God. Made it to the auto parts store and got oil and anti freeze and nursed the truck back home.
Any way just poured a Tanqueray on ice and car is back on the road and truck will need a new water pump but Life is good. Cheers guys.

I know it's early but had bad day I was changing the oil on my daily driver and knocked the last jug of oil over on the shop floor and wasted about 2 quarts. So jumped in my old 88 chevy p/u and headed to town to get more oil. Well about half way to town {20 miles away} I remembered that the tabs were expired and then the truck started over heating so stopped and filled the radiator with snow and got to town and got pulled over for expired tabs. The cop let me go thank God. Made it to the auto parts store and got oil and anti freeze and nursed the truck back home.
Any way just poured a Tanqueray on ice and car is back on the road and truck will need a new water pump but Life is good. Cheers guys.
Sounds like you need to kick back and relax. I am a big fan of T&T in the summertime.

I don't drink lots of gin but for some reason gin and a cigar sounded good.
I was not a fan of gin at all until I found Gunners Ghost Gin from Bent distilleries. Local here in the Cities. More of a natural juniper taste. Got to be careful with it though. Navy strength at 140.

I was not a fan of gin at all until I found Gunners Ghost Gin from Bent distilleries. Local here in the Cities. More of a natural juniper taste. Got to be careful with it though. Navy strength at 140.
Yea that's pretty potent best to take a sip and walk away from it for a few minutes. lol
Gotta try some of it sounds good.

Yea that's pretty potent best to take a sip and walk away from it for a few minutes. lol
Gotta try some of it sounds good.
Now you guys done gone and got my ears perked up! I may have to swing by the adult beverage store on the way home and find me some clear elixir.. Been quite a while since I had any gin..

I started a 5 gallon batch of Toolmann's Orange Shandy today. It is in the first hours of ferment. The yeast is a little temp sensitive and my boiler room is too hot. In the middle of the room is too cool. I parked the fermenter bucket in the doorway. Just right so far.

Now you guys done gone and got my ears perked up! I may have to swing by the adult beverage store on the way home and find me some clear elixir.. Been quite a while since I had any gin..
Good time to start again. Cheers!

-
Back