Storing car in enclosed trailer

-

Reaction score
This year I will be storing the dart in my 20ft enclosed trailer, One problem I'm
worried about is condensation from temp changes, went out the other day and the motor was covered in sweet from rapid temp change. Here in TN its been around 25deg at night and 60 deg during day. Anyone esle store the car in a enclosed trailer? If so is this a problem? How do you control condensation?

Thanks
Mike

you need constant air flow. in and out. I assume the trailer has vents??
You might want to hook up a small fan to push the air around and out.

I stored all my stuff from the house when I sold it and didn't have a place for it. I put a fan in it, put a dehumidifier with hose connected to it and drained thru the floor

Have covers over the roof vents so they can stay open and it will not rain in

When I unloaded the trailer I had no signs of moisture damage on anything

When it got real cold I would turn the dehumidifier off, but leave the fan running

One other thing you could do and I'm going to look tonight for myself, get a storeage bag and use decicant in it to absorb moisture. know a lot of people that use them and seem to like the protection.

I open my vents in the summer. Other than that no issues, Car is stored all year in there. No humidifiers ,fans nothing

a heater in there ? maybe but then i have to keep on the look out for fire some maybe not the best ideal

I have been thinking about getting an enclosed trailer to store my Dart in. I currently rent a storae unit about 15 miles away, and at almost $80 a month a could pay for itself in a couple years, plus my Dart would be at home and easier to get out and enjoy.

I have been thinking about getting an enclosed trailer to store my Dart in. I currently rent a storae unit about 15 miles away, and at almost $80 a month a could pay for itself in a couple years, plus my Dart would be at home and easier to get out and enjoy.

I'm in the same situation. I thought about trading or selling my open car trailer for an enclosed one so I can keep another car at home and bring my storage fee down some.

Store a few bags of charcoal in there, It sucks up moisture and odors like a sponge.

Pettybludart, How is your .trailer vented? Thanks for all the suggestions FABO gang..

Pettybludart, How is your .trailer vented? Thanks for all the suggestions FABO gang..
Look at the roof vent,also has a floor trap for power cord to generator.It seems to work in our harsh winters.I,m gonna toss in a bag of charcoal also to give it a try.

-
Back