STR-12 now available

-
Damn you, that's cheating. :mob:
But you did make me go to their web sight to make sure. :BangHead:

Last edited:
Maybe you could call them and ask nicely to make us a couple,

MODS: Get Joey to make a sticky "ATTEN ALL MEMBERS!!"

"Please email Edelbrock and ask them nicely to consider a run of STR-12 manifolds"

Do they still offer the Torker II?
Isn't that thing about older than dirt?

The 'extra' picture comes out so dark on my screen, I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing. Let me in on the joke.

The 'extra' picture comes out so dark on my screen, I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing. Let me in on the joke.

An old Edelbrock STR-12 dual quad cross ram manifold for a small block Chrysler. As they say, the holey grail for small block intakes, very rare and VERY expensive

str-12-jpg.jpg

MODS: Get Joey to make a sticky "ATTEN ALL MEMBERS!!"

"Please email Edelbrock and ask them nicely to consider a run of STR-12 manifolds"

Maybe if the whole internet got in on it, they might be able to sell 100...but, as I always say ; "Never underestimate the power of suggestion."
Couldn't hurt to try.

I have seen them for sale from time to time. They are neat, but not crazy money neat.
The WOW factor is definitely there, but by the time you add two carbs, linkages, an# other paraphernalia, they are out of my, and many other's price range.

I am curious how many are being run, and would love to see some on cars and hear from the owners.
What carbs are being used on them?
Air cleaners?
Hood clearance issues?
Performance comparisons vs. four barrel and six barrel setups?

With dual Fitech throttle bodies? looks good, how does it run with that set-up?
Runs excellent, if it's cold, it's a little temperamental, but no where near as bad as a carburetor. It has significantly STRONGER mid range than the M1/750 double pumper combo this setup replaced.

I had a STR-12 back in the 80's , still kicking my self for selling it. This guy found out I had one and kept coming over and trying to buy it, every time with more money so I finally gave in and sold it. The next day he was pounding on my door demanding his money back because it backfired and burnt most of his hair off and broke the lid in 4 pieces, I wanted to kick him in the balls for braking my manifold and really all I could do is LMAO in his face.

I had a STR-12 back in the 80's , still kicking my self for selling it. This guy found out I had one and kept coming over and trying to buy it, every time with more money so I finally gave in and sold it. The next day he was pounding on my door demanding his money back because it backfired and burnt most of his hair off and broke the lid in 4 pieces, I wanted to kick him in the balls for braking my manifold and really all I could do is LMAO in his face.

New or used George?
Hey Steve, when I bought it I had been looking for one for almost as long as I had been looking for those NOS '69 'cuda fenders. I believe someone from FABO or at least an occasional contributor had it for sale. It appears, as per the selling point to have never been installed. The bolt hardware I don't believe to be original. I actually sent pics of it to Edelbrock and the tech guy informed me of that. I had been looking for any literature from them pertaining to these but it wasn't happening. So I've scoured the internet looking for anything, especially the List 4295 carbs that were used on the Z-28's cross ram. Finally I started my search again 2 days ago and came across the FABO blurb with the gentleman above who cleverly used the Fitech setup. I don't have the DC book on some tricks that have been used, but I've been following the positive contributions made here on FABO.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

If you can fit a 1 inch spacer under lid (not the carbs but the lid) it will do wonders. The lid is too close to the floor.

I may still be able to get a spacer as I've had one made.

If you can fit a 1 inch spacer under lid (not the carbs but the lid) it will do wonders. The lid is too close to the floor.

I may still be able to get a spacer as I've had one made.
Funny, there's a guy on the net who has a whole story on his use of the cross ram for the Z28. He mentioned the spacer but was remiss to divulge the thickness. That spacer would require two gaskets then I'm assuming. Can't believe the price of those on ebay, but it is what it is.

-
Back