Straight axle heaven!!!

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
Last week, I got the call that every hotrodder wants to hear. "We want to shoot your car for the cover". Well, today, after nine hours of moving cars, setting up shots, etc.., I now know that it will really happen. An upcoming issue of Hot Rod Deluxe. I'll be sharing it with Bill Thompsons bitchin alcohol swilling blown Nova, but while he gets the front shot on the cover, I get the front shot on the spread for the stories!! Keep an eye out for it in the coming months. We both plan on doing 1/8th mile long burnouts to celebrate!!!

Heres a teaser shot or two:

129-vi.jpg

119-vi.jpg

Wow! I still look at my '64 and think..hmmmm...... Oh yeah, and dibs on the hottie!

WOW that is so cool.....That car is very nice and you did a great job on it....I bought your video on altered wheel base and it is awesome...

Cool....I read Hot Rod Deluxe....I'll see you in there.

Thanks much, guys! When we went up to The March Meet in Bakersfield, it really exposed the car, about as much as at SEMA, but this time people(read magazine editors?) actually saw it run,and drive. Frankly I was surprised at the fact I did not see one other altered wheelbase car up there, but then yesterday, was reminded why. They just take alot of work to do compared to turning a car into a "gasser" style car. I also think it helps to be here in Southern California, close and local to alot of the editors. Sometimes, too easy for them!! I know I have an advantage being here, as there are alot of over the top bitchin cars spread out over this great country of ours!! By the way,that reminds me of the flag in the background of the pictures. I had to pull down all the banners in the shop, from brand affiliation, but I told them no to pulling the flag down. It was kinda cool, as they insisted it stay, and actually made sure it was backgrounded for most of the pictures. That flag's been with me for awhile, and it means something. Where else but in America could we do what we are doing!!! The second round of photos, they sent the model back in to change into this patriotic little outfit, that I thought was over the top cool, sailor like shorts. I'll see if we have any pics from that.:

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/shop-projects-1/dalesnewpomonashop/page8.html

This cracked me up. They were all jonesing on my stash of Nos energy drink. They drank alot of that stuff. Yuk. But made for a cool pic!!

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/shop-projects-1/dalesnewpomonashop/img9547.html

-
Back