Strange air cleaner

-

44o gts dart

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what this may be out of ???? Found in a garage. MOPAR???

0715231011a.jpeg

0715231011c.jpeg

0715231010.jpeg

0715231010a.jpeg

output_image1689773940283.jpeg

0715231012.jpeg

ThermAC = General Motors. Probably off a Corvette from the mid 70s.

it's GM for sure. because the lid is full coverage it's not a cowl induction unit.

that shape is very common on big blocks, and the small mouth more pronounced trumpets were after 71 or so.

because of the dual heatriser flappers i'd say big block, non-HP application, so maybe BOP 72~76?

Maybe the same supplier for the big three. It happened a bit, back in the good ol' days. Definitely GM.

No it's not Mopar. It's General Motors, most likely Chevy. The "AC" at the end of the word "Therm" means AC DELCO. They put that logo on tons of stuff. Look closely everywhere on it. There might be a stamped part number.

What is strange is the 2 heat stove tubes????
I never seen that
There were a good many like that. Gets hot air from both sides. There's no telling what it came off of, but rest assured it's a General Motors piece. They used dual snorkel air cleaners on a LOT of things from grocery getters to medium duty trucks. I would look hard for a part number.

There were a good many like that. Gets hot air from both sides. There's no telling what it came off of, but rest assured it's a General Motors piece. They used dual snorkel air cleaners on a LOT of things from grocery getters to medium duty trucks. I would look hard for a part number.
Interesting ,,I think it was a Gm.. but I never saw one with 2 stoves…

I believe that the "heat stoves" were to insure the incoming air was at 100 degrees F, for emissions purposes

-
Back