Strange brake problem

-
Replace the the hoses and the fluid in the system . use dot 3 only . I had a car here did the same thing . The hoses were swelled inside. I replaced them and one month later it did it again. I replace all hoses and bled all the old fluid out . The fluid was contaminated and was swelling the inside of the hoses. The problem was solved. My son ran into this at the dealership a while back on another car. Steve

Replace the the hoses and the fluid in the system . use dot 3 only . I had a car here did the same thing . The hoses were swelled inside. I replaced them and one month later it did it again. I replace all hoses and bled all the old fluid out . The fluid was contaminated and was swelling the inside of the hoses. The problem was solved. My son ran into this at the dealership a while back on another car. Steve
Thanks I'll be replacing the hoses first thing:cheers:

I've seen this same problem on 2 cars. One a pontiac Boneville ( I forger year model ) and the other a 88 Ford Thunderbird. New perportion valve fixed both.
One other worth mention was a litlle Cutlass Ceria. Owner couldn't keep rear brake shoes on that car more than 6 months. That cars perp' valve is built into the master cylinder. Same fix. The main difference was money spent to fix it. Those others had master cylinder, booster, etc.. replaced before replacing the bad part.

Im telling you ita the rubber lines going to the clapers and bleed out all of the old fluid dont go cheap go wityh 3 dot Paul

-
Back