Strangest thing found in your A body???

-
Just last week, two bullets down low in the trunk extension on the passenger side. They're fat little things not sure what size - maybe a .38 or something. Definitely not .22 though. Scared the crap outa the body guy - he was welding in that area.
Daryl

When I first got my dart, about a month or two before we pulled the motor we were driving it around. I was driving, my dad was riding shotgun, and my brother was in the back. When we got up to about 30 mph a mouse came out of the heater vent and ran to my brother, then back to the vent, and then back to him. It was funny as crap watching him try to stomp that mouse

(another not-A body-related one)

A friend of mine used to borrow his older sister's late-70s Camaro (this was back in the early '80s). The driver side door was making a rattling sound, so she took it to the shop. They pulled the door panel and found beer bottle caps- about 3 inches deep. He would drop the caps into the opening around the inside door handle when he opened a beer.

He never got to use her car again after that:dontknow:

(another not-A body-related one)

A friend of mine used to borrow his older sister's late-70s Camaro (this was back in the early '80s). The driver side door was making a rattling sound, so she took it to the shop. They pulled the door panel and found beer bottle caps- about 3 inches deep. He would drop the caps into the opening around the inside door handle when he opened a beer.

He never got to use her car again after that:dontknow:

I found a gold colored mini vibrator under the pass seat of my dart swinger,it had a engraving on it for some chic getting married,batts were still in it,but dead!

I was on my way to the bank and for some reason I turn one block too soon and I saw a '74 Duster for sale backed into someone's front yard. There was a big piece of cardboard covering the windshield that read "$200". So I bought the car. When I got home I had trouble getting the glovebox door open. then I couldn't shut it. So I looked down into the hinges and there was a bunch of smashed .22 caliber bullets in there!

Not really as strange as it is cool. Found this mouse eaten form in the headliner of a 71 Demon parts car a few months ago. The form is from Chrysler and at top shows it from the Los Angeles Asssembly plant. this shows some areas of repair on a car from different views.
Neat part was that one of the damaged areas was the left front fender and the car had a reflective demon decal on the right but not the left, it didn't have any callout on the left, and that fender was clearly a different shade of gold. There was a couple cicled areas on the left 1/4 too and you could tell that the paint in those areas were blended in.
Not that factory repairs are odd but that they stuck this in the headliner where it would only be found by removal is odd to me.

sutherland water 024.jpg

I brought my car home after being stored for 8 years up north. I lifted the hood and found a dead possum laying on the engine. He built a nest there the entire engine bay was full of leaves. I think the trip home killed him. Too cold and too much carbon monoxide.

I also found a workers badge for the Detroit Auto Show. From the 90's

In my barracuda I found a bunch of the rear window trim pieces, a box full of tools, the Dazed and Confused soundtrack part 2 cassette box and a tshirt that read "Orgasm Donator"

I chucked that shirt, kept the good tools and trim.

My 69 gt parts car was rolled inthe 80s. The lady must have been short as I found 3 pairs of tall platform shoes and more interesting, a large silicone toy(dildo) under the back seat!

Best part was when I pulled it out and tossed it to my buddy- You'ld a thought it was a snake the way he jumped out of the way!LOL:toothy10:

When I bought my car in 03, the original owner wanted to just get rid of it. It was her "good for nothing dead husband's" (her words).

In the trunk I found a box of pictures (thought they were family), 340 six pack carb setup (COMPLETE) oem, and some random trash.

I had to return....the pictures...:read2:

I found out later as she was looking through them, they were of his family...just not the one he lived with her......

Wedding Ring thats what i found when i was stripping the 2 layers of carpet out of my 70 Swinger back in 1988, first layer was home carpet that was laid out and then we took out the original carpet and there it was, my friend took it to the mall and had it appraised for ( i cant remember how much ) but it was a pricey ring, i gave it to a girlfriend at that time, as of today she says she still has it.

so far i have found my build sheet, a baseball card (estimated value 75 cents), and 2 dead mice. I was reaching under the seat looking for a screwdriver or something and i felt something and i was like wtf is this... then i went back and felt it some more then pulled it out. It turns out it was a glue trap with 2 mice on it. i dont ever remember putting a glue trap in the car but the mice were still in pristine shape. I called my friend over and threw what i found at him.:-D

But when I was 19 I bought a 62 SS Impala to fix up and sell. Cleaning out the trunk (which was full of nasty clothes, paper etc.) but when I got down to the bottom of the crap, I found over 100 rusty and nasty blasting caps. I put them in a glass jar and took them to a neighbor who was a city cop and ask him to get rid of them. I thought he was going to faint when I held up the quart jar with all those caps.

Back in 1970, I was cleaning the carpets in a 67 Barracuda Formula S fastback I had just bought; found a pair of blue bikini undies stuffed between the back seat cushion and the rear panel where the armrest goes. Size 4.; car had been traded in on a new Mustang by a knockout 30-something female owner, according to a salesman at the dealership.

how could you tell from the web??

I found a black widow in a tire last October and actually still have it. We feed her crickets. The web that widows make is very strong. Much stronger than any other spider I have seen. I have her in a jar at work and its pretty fun to show people. Every once in a wile I will pull her out and watch her wile we clean out her jar. They are really cool looking spiders.

As far as what I have found. I could go on and on.

Vehicles I have owned;
Ramcharger, baggie with weed and two pipes under the rear seat.
Chevy truck, Misc. sex toys
73 dart sport, 1979 20$ bill and some sweet 70's sun glasses
73 Duster, Car came from a meth bust, bought it for parts. Lots of used needles
66 Charger, un opened box of trojans from 1972
And lots more.

At work;
Drugs, sex toys, sex books, bone fragments in a suicide car, interesting photos, Social Security cards, pay checks, pay check stubs, cash. You name it, I hve probably found it. Thats what happens when you detail cars for five years.

Fun subject for sure.

6917_1250496700021_1157592751_30764008_986595_n.jpg

I found a black widow in a tire last October and actually still have it. We feed her crickets. The web that widows make is very strong. Much stronger than any other spider I have seen. I have her in a jar at work and its pretty fun to show people. Every once in a wile I will pull her out and watch her wile we clean out her jar. They are really cool looking spiders.

Cool dude!! I hate spiders, but they are amazing things.

When I yanked my back seat, I found a screwdriver, couple cents, solid floors, and some kids algebra homework from 1986.

While vacuuming the trunk, it picked up a pair of underwear shoved way back near the back seat. Didn't touch those things.:bootysha: Picked them up with the screwdriver from the back seat.

I would also like to add, when I got the brown 73 Duster that I called the brown reqluse. There was a reason for that. They were all over that thing. I would much rather play with a widow than a reqluse.

Also, All spiders have venom. Some are just lots less toxic than others.

Back in the mid 70's, was stationed at keesler AFB in Biloxi Mississippi(Biloxi=a$$hole of the world, Keesler was 5 miles up it).

Took my Barracuda to the strip to run it, see what it would do. Got there nice and early so i could let it cool down, ANd put the slicks that came WITH the car on it. Well, with over an hour before the gates to the pits opened, I got bored, and having never had the back seat out, or, for that matter, being able to figure out HOW to get it out, exploring I went.

Found the hidden screws(had to put the foldable seat back at about 45 degrees) took out the screws, and removed the lower part of the rear seat.

Found a couple of screw drivers, some coins, some carb jets, nothing much. Lifted up the carpet where it is cut around the sides of the seat, on the driver's side, nothing, but on the passenger's side, a ring, engagement kinda ring. Picked it up, firgured it was a fake, and took it to my rear side window, nice scratch it made. now $$$ flash in my eyes.

Well, a couple of days later, took it to a local jewelry shop to see if it was real, and it was. They said it was an old European style cut, and was about 3/4 carat.

Being the honest idiot I am, i tried to find the guy i bought the car from, to see if he had lost anything in the car, but couldn't find him. Had the ring appraised, came in @ $1500 value. Well, I had engine problems, had to do a rebuild, and needed cash, sooo, sold the ring for $900, not bad as I had only paid $600 for the car(1965 Barracuda, built 273, 4 spd, 9" for rear W 4.11s) ran 12.2 1/4's.

I ALWAY remove the seats now when I pick up a used car.

FF

Not that cool but kinda funny. But found this after i pulled out the glove box. Was sitting underneath on the metal frame.
acornonac019.jpg

When I pulled the interior out of the 73 Dart Sport I found a 1973 penny under the carpet, towards the middle of the car. Some of the original paperwork and inspection sheets,etc., were in the glove box. The car was built in June, '73 and not sold until March '74, from a car dealership in Dubuque, IA. When I pulled the glove box liner out there was a gas reciept from Oct. '73 from a gas station in Florida laying underneath!

-
Back