Strap Wrenches!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So, I use strap wrenches more now that I ever did when young. I screw around with old OMC outboards, and use them to hold the flywheel when removing/ installing the nut

Yellow one I've had for some time. It originally came with a stretchy rubber strap that was USELESS. All it did was stretch. I cut up a serpentine belt, actually narrowed it by cutting with aircraft strips down the length, in one of the V's

But the handle is plastic, and quite short

The other day I found this one, with about 2" LOL of strap left!!! It is a nice heavy metal handle, made by "Chicago Specialties, USA" Never heard of them. Paid 99 cents!!!! So this morning I ruined the belt off the V10 donor parts truck, made it big enough to go around a BIG flywheel.

strapwrenches.JPG

I've used them for oil filters.
Not limited to the clocking of the flats on the filter.

Also for serpentine fan to pump bolts that requires a spanner wrench or other special tool I don't have.

Yeh, THAT!!! I ran into one where the spanner holes either weren't drilled or weren't accessable.

We have one at work that comes in handy taking the lid off the liquid totes. It's fun watching my coworkers learn how to use it.

-
Back