street 273

-

65mopar273

Reaction score
I would like to add something to my 65 valiant for the street hei, cam, headers, intake, carb, 58,000 org miles do i need to change the springs? do i need to change the springs,i was thinking of comp cam thumper(hdly.) cam set i like the rough idle .I though of changeing to a 360 but this runs to good just to pull it and sit it in the corner ,this will be my cruiseing and show car so i would like it to sound tough even if its not ,i dont want to do a complete rebuild just a couple add ons will this increase my horsepower with these add ons what size carb and cam lift would be good for this set up, also whats the largest rear wheel and tire i can put on the rear without tubing it but i will it i have to (smile)any advice an help would be great,,,,,thanks mike=P~

Oh good GOD, another run on sentence.

Advice, use the home computer and use periods.

On the engine,

I would like to add something to my 65 valiant for the street hei, cam, headers, intake, carb, 58,000 org miles do i need to change the springs? do i need to change the springs,i was thinking of comp cam thumper(hdly.) cam set i like the rough idle .I though of changeing to a 360 but this runs to good just to pull it and sit it in the corner ,this will be my cruiseing and show car so i would like it to sound tough even if its not ,i dont want to do a complete rebuild just a couple add ons will this increase my horsepower with these add ons what size carb and cam lift would be good for this set up, also whats the largest rear wheel and tire i can put on the rear without tubing it but i will it i have to (smile)any advice an help would be great,,,,,thanks mike=P~

do i need to change the springs? do i need to change the springs,i was thinking of comp cam thumper(hdly.) cam set i like the rough idle
Yes, you need to change the springs, they need to match the cam. Yes, you need to change the springs, they need to match the cam. Yes, you need to change the springs, they need to match the cam.

just a couple add ons will this increase my horsepower with these add ons what size carb and cam lift would be good for this set up,

Just a couple of add on will increase HP, but not just any thing thrown on.
Since your not to concerned with actual speed, just to sound tuff, try a cam that will work with the cars gear ratio and stock stall converter.

Lots of lift is not important, the cams duration is. Try this MP cam; http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-4452759/
A 500 cfm Edelbrock carb
some Dyno Max mufflers, dual exhaust @ 2-1/2 inch pipe.

I would also get a MSD 6 box.

The possible hard part is the year of your engine. It has odd bolt angles and use small 5/16 intake to head bolts rather than the extremely more common 3/8.

-
Back