Street 340 heads/cam recommendation?

-
If your talking about my setup don't know yet, Can't figure which rear brake setup I want to use.
Other info about setup I forgot:
built 727
Be Cool all Alum Rad with dual Elec. Fans
TTi Headers with X Pipe (full exhaust)
Boush Plat 4 Plug (Damn these weren't cheap!!!)
MSD 8.5mm Wires
I run 3.23 for street, 3.91 for track (both 489 Cases with Suregrip)

I think thats it.

Well hurry up and run it, lol. I got a 70 Duster still on jackstands, with a spool 4.88, afraid to take it of the jackstands, think the gear will over- rev the 340.

You can always just put a rev limiter on it.
My MSD E-Curve has one built into it and can be adjust quite fast.

Well hurry up and run it, lol. I got a 70 Duster still on jackstands, with a spool 4.88, afraid to take it of the jackstands, think the gear will over- rev the 340.

Get a rev limiter, I got mine set at 6,800 rpm. The 340 would love the 4.88 gears, with a tach and good trans-and driver, it won't over rev, just be limited on top end, still should be able to hit 100 or close to it.

I personally would buy the top end package thats for sale in the classifieds setction that would easily hit your power goals, but Im a little biased

I'd purchase it, it's a good package. Your rear tires can not be to big for the cam though or a gear change would be required. The cam is IMO a little big for 3.55's and a tall tire, but would work @ 26 inch and smaller.

-
Back