Street and Performance vs TTI Motor Mounts and Headers

-

Wailin D

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Street and Performance (S & P) motor mounts and headers instead of TTI's for a 3GHemi A Body swap? With all the problems folks seem to be having with TTI's mounts and headers on A bodys, these seem like a viable alternative. S & P appears to make there own mounts, headers and other swap parts. You can see what swap parts they have by looking at their catalog pages 158-168:

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/2015 Catalog.htm#p=158

In the middle of page 158 you can see an orange engine block with their A body mounts. The person I spoke with thought their headers would work with both power steering and manual. However, he suggested I talk to Mark to confirm, but he wasn't there. Anyway, anybody use S & P parts?

S&P headers.

Yoir drivers side (left) fitted a peach...no reason to think that wouldnt be the case on US platform A Bodies.

Right side was a disaster for me - but that was because of our steering box location. Had to re-fab them completely

However......I Cant think of any reason why they wouldnt work fine in the US left steer platform cars.

They are of really nice quality with a 1.75 primary, fit very well and the collector flange is very sturdy.

Original right side:

Why would you want a shorty like that.
I am in familiar with the "tti" fitment issues.

Why would you want a shorty like that.
I am in familiar with the "tti" fitment issues.

Cant speak for the US crowd...but theres even more fitment issues with our right steer cars....so its a question of how cost effective bying long tubes that have to be completely refabbed on the right side

I didnt expect to have the issues I did even with the shorties...... - if I did it again Id just get custom pipes made up from scratch.

I used the same headers as rat patrol on my build, they have 2 sets for the hemi's. They have the block huger like rat patrol pictured and a mid length set that exit towards the rear of the car like conventional headers. I had to really rework mine on drivers side to get around the alterkation engine mount, plus mine exit forward as I am running turbo's. As for quality I found the flanges are difficult to get all bolts in as it seems the bolt patern is not exact like on a expensive header. They had smaller piping inside the headers at every join to aid in lining the mating pipes for welding. I can't comment on the welding itself as mine were just tacked in a few places as I new I would be modifying them. If you are looking for just a header I think they would be good, if you are looking for large hp and performance I would say TTI. Dealing with S&P was fine, good customer service.

Thats interesting about the bolt pattern Black 69... i had none of those problems with mine.

Seems the mid length pipes havent been thought thru as well.....

-
Back