Street Demon Carburetor

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi, i like the idea of the street demon carburetor, tempted to buy a 750 for my street / strip engine (70/30 street strip use). I know they did not invented the wheel, it seems that it´s just a good combination of some proven carburetor designs like the Carter AVS, plastic fuel bowl like the Thermoquad, and some new features.

So what do you guys think about this carb? Maybe anyone already tried one of these?

Here´s the link to demon website:

http://www.demoncarbs.com/1904.asp

Michael

BTW,You do know Holley bought Demon,a while back. I would send a E-mail,make sure they physically available. Still debating, on this design.

i´ve seen some videos on youtube, also summit lists them with "shipping today"....so i think this is not a problem.

Michael

I have a 750 demon sitting on top of the 440 that is going into my Barracuda. I can't tell you how well they work, but I was sold on the videos for the 600. PS, I am not sure how they get the 750 rating as the primaries are the same size as an AFB edelbrock, but with the bigger secondary goggle valve. PPS, to change the jetting, the carb has to be removed.

My thread on this carb...
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=235890

I have had one on my 416 since 2009 with no complaints. I would like to find a good adapter to allow the correct hook up to the kickdown rod though. I cobbled one up to get by but would like to find something more permanent.

I bought the 625cfm version for the Duster shortly after they came out about year ago now. Worked awesome on the stock 360 and its on my new mildly modded 360 now too. Super cold starting and hot with the polymer fuel bowl (now boiling like the old Eddy did) and very crisp throttle response. It's very user friendly. It's a little lean now with the new motor and bigger Hughes Whiplash cam but I bought the tuning kit for it so I'm going to tune it with an AFR meter. You won't be disappointed!

Has anyone replaced their stock 340 carb for the new street demon? I have a 71 340 engine with stock thermoquad and thought of replacing it with the street demon due to tuning issues. My thermoquad has a little hesitation on initial throttle but then works well.

Thanks for the feedback. So there are some of these out there, as far as i read they work very well. So i just have to make a decision....Thanks so far!

Michael

I just purchased one, so I can update on how much difference it runs vs an old holley 3310.
Give me until the weekend.

just doesnt give me the power i was expecting and iv never been much of a fan of holley guess its just my opinion.... if anyone wants it make me an offer

If you want to sell the thing, put an ad in the for sale section with a price. Could you expound some more on your dissatisfaction with the carburetor? A lot of us here would like some first hand experience which it seems you have. Can you be more specific please? Maybe with your engine and car combo, which carburetor part number you used and the like?

well its on a 71 340 with a 727 but the rear end is a stock 7 1/4 .....changing that soon....but it has been converted to an electric choke and sits on top of a holley street demon intake which is a single plain intake and that in its own might be the reason for the "lag" it has a hard time starting in the mornings but once the carb is warm it has no problem but when i put it on the street i romp on it and it feels like its starving for fuel and like i said it might be the intake doing this

well its on a 71 340 with a 727 but the rear end is a stock 7 1/4 .....changing that soon....but it has been converted to an electric choke and sits on top of a holley street demon intake which is a single plain intake and that in its own might be the reason for the "lag" it has a hard time starting in the mornings but once the carb is warm it has no problem but when i put it on the street i romp on it and it feels like its starving for fuel and like i said it might be the intake doing this

I don't think you have the same carb as we are talking about, they all come from the factory with an electric choke.

http://www.demoncarbs.com/1901.asp#1

I recieved mine today, looks like a good unit.

So you just had to add a hot wire with key on for the electric choke?
Standard any electric choke hook up.

Post a pic of what you have.

-
Back