Street Demon electric choke wiring choice?

-

dustadude

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a few seconds right now because our twins are asleep and I've been researching this and was curious on some opinions of what source people hook their electronic choke on their carbs to. I know it says it should be something that only gets power when the ignition is on "run", but I'm curious as to what you guys have done and how much wiring is needed? Do you run it through the firewall into something inside the cab or do you splice into a wire in the engine harness? Any help would be appreciated, haven't been able to touch the car in the 4 months since our twins were born and I'm going crazy and plan on getting wrenching again soon. Thanks

use a piggyback spade connector and connect it to the 12 volt side of the ballast resistor.

splice2.jpg

I don't like to run a lotta amps through the ignition switch, so I installed a HD weatherproof relay under the hood on the run circuit.Then I ran a fused power wire to it from the starter relay and I tap off the relay to where-ever.I haven't smoked an ignition switch since.
In the choke circuit, I have run a factory resistor device, which chokes the voltage down in the circuit over time. This to save the heater element at the carb.It bolts to the intake,right near the choke

-
Back