Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
:)

94C6C768-A7E5-44B2-9346-85C7DC2D21D9.jpeg

Cool! We have one near us that travels around the local grocery stores....

Rodney just never had the same hot rodding thoughts as many of us at the time. Heck he built a street Monster Truck before Monster Trucks were even a thing :realcrazy:. Helps having connections with a salvage yard that has connections with the USMC Supply Depot :lol:. Took his Monster truck to Vegas, was cruising The Strip, gets lit up by the local law. "I don't know what this is! But get it out of Clark County right now and never bring it back!" :rofl: I think Jay Leno has 1 of his creations now :thumbsup:

Been following this thread, two days ago telling the kid how the rearend was painted white by original owner, and to my surprise the leaf springs as well.
I was going on about how I wanted to paint/put the traction bars back on as well, yes Mopars don't need them, and during that paint the rear.

I had another idea, I wanted her to paint a Barracuda on the center of it, and put some pinstripes on.

I looked for a photo to show her, no luck, and was going to ask here.

I didn't realize the extent of where the white paint was, backing plates, and on the springs really surprised me, thought I was seeing things.

Iirc, there are traces of white paint under the car, somewhere else.

All parts were new/redone a few years ago and in good shape, so definitely returning the rear to white and bars yellow.

Should I paint the springs and backing plates?

Been following this thread, two days ago telling the kid how the rearend was painted white by original owner, and to my surprise the leaf springs as well.
I was going on about how I wanted to paint/put the traction bars back on as well, yes Mopars don't need them, and during that paint the rear.

I had another idea, I wanted her to paint a Barracuda on the center of it, and put some pinstripes on.

I looked for a photo to show her, no luck, and was going to ask here.

I didn't realize the extent of where the white paint was, backing plates, and on the springs really surprised me, thought I was seeing things.

Iirc, there are traces of white paint under the car, somewhere else.

All parts were new/redone a few years ago and in good shape, so definitely returning the rear to white and bars yellow.

Should I paint the springs and backing plates?

I have seen where the entire floor pan was painted white along with the suspension stuff. I almost bought a 72 Demon 340 )but it got away :() it was stock but the chassis parts and rear wheel Wells were also painted white....I’ve also seen where they paint the front suspension white too. I’m not a big fan of too much white but it was a popular mod. A buddy of mine had a 72 Lemans and it had a white rear ended with 3 red lights on the bottom of the pumpkin and it was jacked way up with air shocks.

I think if you are going for that period look a
White rear end would look good, also springs and plates too, but keep the traction bars yellow otherwise it might be too much white IMO...have any pictures? Would like a fun project!

There is a guy here, about 25 years ago he was telling me how he wanted to chrome plate his gas tank...he had a pink 68 Charger R/T with slotted mags and huge tires jacked up too the sky....he still has the car but I never looked to see if he plated it.

99AC442E-D66A-4938-AAE5-9EA9EAE0EA37.jpeg

Then & now. Traction bars showing in first pic, dirty, but yellow.

DSC06439.JPG

20190612_093228.jpg

I love looking at all these pictures. They take me right back me back to my childhood in the 70’s and 80’s when these cars were everywhere.

You would very rarely see a car without some sort of customization or modification back then, at minimum a muscle car would sporting set of aftermarket mags.

If there was a stock looking car back then people assumed you had no money to soup it up, or you were driving it home after picking it up at the dealership right off the car hauler….

Last edited:
-
Back