Street Outlaws. Are you guys into it

-
Discovery + has a goofy bit with JJ, Kye Kelly, and Big Chief in Las Vegas.
Entertaining, and JJ is driving all 3 of them around in his beautiful 70 GTX!

Lutz crashed his yellow 57, there was a post on Moparts a couple days ago.

Lutz crashed his yellow 57, there was a post on Moparts a couple days ago.
The first time I saw that car when he introduced it, I thought it was one of the nicer looking cars in that whole field. I've seen him wreck it more than once, and I cringe a little every time.

Here are a couple of things as I see it.
The new America's List looks like a endless show.
All these call outs, top to bottom, it looks never ending, what is the point?
And how can they stay away from home for weeks on end?
But...
My friend who works on the Vixen in the No Prep series told me a couple of things.
First that schedule has been pushed back a number of times.
Still might not happen this year.
The TV show really likes the controlled area of the Street Outlaws.
Covid test results have to be checked before you get on that set.
They can control the cars and the area really easy.
Don't have to worry about working with the big tracks and schedules.

This thread will have 100 pages someday !

I knew when Big Queef laid out the rules I was done. The “call out” is straight bullshit. It is designed to keep the few at the top watching the other guys wear out their ****. It’s not about racing. All the hiding and that is ghey. They ought to be ashamed to call themselves racers. Line that junk up and run it. A Pro Stock car can make up to 4 passes a day. I’ve seen some of them make 6 or 7. And they kill their junk all the time.

Yes, they are quicker than a Pro Stock car but when you can’t make the call, you should drop down the list. Not put it off for a week. Just stupid.

The “call out” is straight bullshit.
So I will review "the rules" some time tonight, but if call outs are allowed, does that not give someone wayyy down the list a chance to beat someone wayyy at the top? and if they do, they only move up one spot, I'm sure, not take the place of the other person? I'll check that out.
Also, to each their own. I find the majority of their shows extremely entertaining, exciting, I like to listen to the long, drawn out "strategy discussions" in between rounds, but my wife doesn't.
When we left No Prep Kings at Memphis International Raceway after the last race and the awards, and went to the street by the huge container port where JJ and the rest race, NO CAMERA CREWS, just straight up street racing, and met with some of the Memphis people, now THAT was GREAT, and they were cordial.

I knew when Big Queef laid out the rules I was done. The “call out” is straight bullshit. It is designed to keep the few at the top watching the other guys wear out their ****. It’s not about racing. All the hiding and that is ghey. They ought to be ashamed to call themselves racers. Line that junk up and run it. A Pro Stock car can make up to 4 passes a day. I’ve seen some of them make 6 or 7. And they kill their junk all the time.

Yes, they are quicker than a Pro Stock car but when you can’t make the call, you should drop down the list. Not put it off for a week. Just stupid.
Big Queef, lol & pee my new pants

Last edited:
You can pee on it, you can poke holes in all the racing.
Me,... i except the reality of ALL of that.
But relax and let all of that entertain me.:mad::poke::soapbox::lol::rofl::thumbsup:

Street Outlaws is now a TV show. I remember Airplane Repo. Talked with one of guys in the show, it's all orchestrated by someone. Probably the reason it lasted 3 seasons. The network has a time slot to fill.
I still like it better than NHRA.

Today I stumbled upon a YouTube video by John Cope at Cope Racing Transmissions. He talks about a nice big block Plymouth GTX running a CRT 727 that will be on an episode of this Street Outlaws stuff tonight, 2/21/2022. I guess the guy is running with the Chicago crowd. The TV drama crap will be terrible, I am sure, but I am looking forward to seeing more of this GTX.

The first time I saw that car when he introduced it, I thought it was one of the nicer looking cars in that whole field. I've seen him wreck it more than once, and I cringe a little every time.
He completely totaled it this time. But he came out of it with just bumps and bruises. Pulled out his NPK GTO to finish the list racing.

Loved seeing Joe Zolper and his blown Daytona running with the Chicago group. Lutz nipped him at the line.

Today I stumbled upon a YouTube video by John Cope at Cope Racing Transmissions. He talks about a nice big block Plymouth GTX running a CRT 727 that will be on an episode of this Street Outlaws stuff tonight, 2/21/2022. I guess the guy is running with the Chicago crowd. The TV drama crap will be terrible, I am sure, but I am looking forward to seeing more of this GTX.

I was tuning in to see that GTX but then also saw Joe Zolper from the Garage Squad show was on there with his 1969 Charger Daytona. That was pretty cool seeing more Mopars in the mix.

Loved seeing Joe Zolper and his blown Daytona running with the Chicago group. Lutz nipped him at the line.
I was tuning in to see that GTX but then also saw Joe Zolper from the Garage Squad show was on there with his 1969 Charger Daytona. That was pretty cool seeing more Mopars in the mix.
Very nice Daytona and a good run without the help of a computer. old school

-
Back