Street outlaws Dart.. can't pull for him..

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I don't watch the show much at all. Just learned the Dart is a Chevy powered car... ugggh

Old news. No big deal. He is doing what he can do within his budget. It's a cheap power plant. Just glad he likes a Dart.

Like to see a Hemi in it. I do understand that sometimes you have to work with what you have. Like he said it's only a motor plate and a set of headers away from the Hemi so it can easily be put back to all Mopar. After seeing that interview he seems like a pretty nice guy (Street Outlaws doesn't give him much air time) and I can always get behind that. I knew it had a Chevy engine in it for a long time, it seems that's all.the OKC guys know how to work on. Be it Ford, Mopar or any other GM brand.they stuff a Chevy in it. Can't wait to see how it performs with the Hemi.

Chief does run an Indian.

Hearing crap from the crowd is one thing. And I get it. But then again, when you pay my bills, and for the engine I have, then I'll run what you want me to. I'm not here to defend or bash him when I say you have to work within your budget and perhaps, just perhaps, THAT engine is what he had on hand.
No matter ether way, the other thing is being at ease while you work on and race your car. PERHAPS? He was a Chevy guy that got a good deal on a MoPar roller? Who knows?!

If he is indeed building a HEMI engine, all I can say is good luck because I would just want it to turn out nice without issues.

Last edited:
He is a mopar guy & says the big block mopars are just too high dollar for his budget. He goes to a small private race every year a "club" I am in have every fall.

Oh nice! Good tip. MoPar's are not cheap. Only Chevies.

Also, that Dart was set-up with a BBC when Elliott's out of Yale built it for another person back quite a few years ago.

I will be nice to see him put a Mopar power plant in & hope it's competitive once it's done.

hell yea it would be great to see a Hemi in that beast.. but in the mean time - extreme props to the car and owner - kicks ***!!! I was watching the new one last night, he has that thing dialed in and it is running hard.. I can see it giving Monza, Doc and Shawn a run for their $$.

I'd run a Chevy to if I was risking blowing it up racing all the time. :D
My favorite part of that entire show is when Shawns car leaves the line and you see that huge blast of exhaust, dirt and other crap go flying by the camera behind the car.

I thought the 340 would be the engine of choice. what happened, can't run with the big boys.
I don't think the Hemi will in this class of racing, either.
I like the show for the entertainment.
I don't think many street cars run 160 in the 1/8. maybe a few 340's. lol

OPPPs - I just posted in the wrong thread!! LOL - but the pic got a like so I'll leave it
upload_2017-1-3_10-51-29.png

Last edited:
I thought the 340 would be the engine of choice. what happened, can't run with the big boys.
I did note that mph statement they made. That's plenty quick. My wallet isn't so thick! Wish it was.... but it ain't.

340's aren't magic or anything.:D
There are other smallbocks that run just as good, and big blocks that will walk all over it.
From what I see a forced induction big block is about the only way to be competitive with the SO cars.

N.Y. Pete showed well with his small block. Who else runs a small block?
Boosted and ?????

BIG CUBES in a go-cart, is what it takes to win.

I know in one interview he said he'd love to put a hemi in his car but the price. He hears it alot from mopar people to pull that chevy motor but hey it is the cheapest to buy and maintain

Petey only has to make 2/3 the power the other guys do... being he's barely over 2000# with that car. Maybe 2350 with him in it.

Joe has mentioned a bunch he'd wanted to put a hemi in the Dart.

Last edited:
No comment about street outlaws cept for James and Joe are really nice people

James ?..Is that Doc ? If so I have always pulled for him because they try to play him as a villain...Besides I think his car is the nicest one on the program. I like the show and usually watch each episode several times. Do get tired of Chief changing the rules to favor his self then whining when it works against him.

James ?..Is that Doc ? If so I have always pulled for him because they try to play him as a villain...Besides I think his car is the nicest one on the program. I like the show and usually watch each episode several times. Do get tired of Chief changing the rules to favor his self then whining when it works against him.
He swears on the show but in person is a genuine person.I've seen him do all kinds of nice things for kids.One time he took this girl that had cancer for a big ride through the pits and fixed her up with a bunch of stuff and asked nothing

-
Back