Street outlaws gets a nasty commie letter from NHRA

-
when one of these guy's on street outlaws takes someone out, who's everyone gonna sue and want to throw in jail? the clowns who own this show and put it on TV are right at the top of the list...

So who are they going to take out ? These races are staged in areas that are blocked from the general public and you can bet your *** everyone associated with the show has signed a waiver before they are allowed any where close.

the pro stock category is damn near all comodes any way. it wont be long before Allen Johnson ditches the dart body and the hemi for a chevy.

Lance, I've seen speculation that if the new "factory stock" class continues to grow in popularity, that it could very well replace the current Pro Stock cars down the road.....Will it ever happen, idk. But I could surely see the manufactures being on board with it vs the cookie cutter P/S that's running now. If it indeed does happen, ProMod would probably be promoted to replace the current P/S class.

NHRA? I can honestly say I do not watch it, do not attend any events as I would rather go watch a good gruge race or street race.

The rules NHRA has always been so boring with the rules they have in place.. I know they are there to manage cost but to be honest when you get to the pro level it should be run what you brung with limits on car and tire.. No motor restrictions at all..
But that is just my opinion..

Who gives a fig what either group does?

In the end, street racing is illegal. IMO, all shows like that do is encourage people to do it, whether they say "don't try this at home" or not. It's just not a good example. It's all for rating$. Nothing more.

NHRA I think is going down hill they need to stop doing the broadcasting of the big time guys yes its fun to watch nut watching the stock and super stock classes are much better in my opinion

What would be funny is if a part time fuel team got "Street Outlaws" as a sponsor.

See that flying on the side of a car at qualifying or during a broadcast. LMAO

NHRA I think is going down hill they need to stop doing the broadcasting of the big time guys yes its fun to watch nut watching the stock and super stock classes are much better in my opinion

I like all the comp classes, but it's the Pro classes that get the air time. If you go to any national event, When the Funny cars and the top fuel cars run, the stands are packed. Some will even stay for the Alky cars, But the true drag race fans are there for the comp classes.

...and I love the fact that the "Let's go watch the loud cars" crowd finds it more interesting to walk around the midway, than watch the races, it makes so much room in the stands that you can actually relax and watch drag racing, with out some dolt and his girl friend jumping up in front of you each time a car leaves the line.

IHRA is not dying. The new president is a great promoter and has a grass roots racing background. They are aquiring more and more tracks all the time.

South Georgia Motorspots Park, just got new ownership, and IHRA sanction.

But I do agree on NHRA coming down on the people taking part in the show. Even though, most of us know it is NOT real street racing, the show tries to portray it as such. The main thing NHRA is pissed about, is the cars carrying NHRA numbers.

I like all the comp classes, but it's the Pro classes that get the air time. If you go to any national event, When the Funny cars and the top fuel cars run, the stands are packed. Some will even stay for the Alky cars, But the true drag race fans are there for the comp classes.

...and I love the fact that the "Let's go watch the loud cars" crowd finds it more interesting to walk around the midway, than watch the races, it makes so much room in the stands that you can actually relax and watch drag racing, with out some dolt and his girl friend jumping up in front of you each time a car leaves the line.

^^^^^^^^^^Absolutely on point^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm glad Chief said that we have been racing them for years.We use to get togethers and just have fun with slows car and fast cars.Thers a bunch of DFW guys not racing any more.Limpy Shared stuff with them.OKC is our friends and we would invite other towns and states to race and hold bbq's then race!Limp is a one of a kind.He makes no money from the show he just does it for fun.We keep telling him to go for it though!

Texas is where it all started. Everything you see on the show, I’ve stolen from Texas. Limpy had the idea for the top 10 list, I stole that. The website, I stole that s***. Then Limpy had a race one time that he put on called Cash Days, he started it, I stole the f*** out of that. Every time we went down there we were on small tires, these guys had some big tire racecars that they were unloading in industrial parks in the middle of the night and it freaked us out! We had to bring up excuses that they had racecars and we had street cars. Eventually you get tired of coming up with excuses for getting whipped and so we evolved and that’s our biggest rival now, Texas. That’s the only state that has their s*** together enough to scare us.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8QbAcY4hTo"]Smells like *** - YouTube[/ame]

'Nasty commie letter' from NHRA notwithstanding, two guys from the show are facing murder charges: http://www.hotrod.com/news/1503-arr...-accident-street-outlaws-participant-charged/

Izzy was on the show, not sure about the other guy. Izzy has been doing this stuff long before SO came on the scene.

Horrible accident and the people killed are FAR from innocent bystanders. They were there to watch the race. Part of the reason when I did this stuff, it was set up over the phone, pick a spot, six people from each group, a starter and that's it. NOBODY else. If anyone else showed up, I left.

Don't stand down track, especially on the same side of the streets sidewalk (DUMB AS HELL) when a race is going down. Bad stuff happens sometimes and you don't want to be in the way of a 3000 pound projectile. Darwin called and unfortunately got an answer.

When I was young and dumb I street raced. Got a ticket for Speed Contest and the judge taught me a lesson. It's $20 to run at TNT. Takes a little effort to drive to the tracks (75-100 miles). A few employees; safety crew, starter, concession, etc make some extra bucks.
Supporting a track helps keep the doors open and lets the politicians know that people need a place to race besides the streets.

The NHRA has sucked for 45 years now. Pro Stock jumped the shark in 1972.

Looks like they're NOT the fastest..kid for New Orleans took them all out..

That show is a joke can't believe their wives and girlfriends go along to the races,and actually ***** and moan along with them when they lose..get a life!!!

-
Back