Street Outlaws ~ Reality TV busted yet again ~ Tulsa

-
I could care less that they are getting the roads closed for them , they are still racing on the lousy street surface and not the track

I could care less that they are getting the roads closed for them , they are still racing on the lousy street surface and not the track

Then why do they make such a big deal about the cops, and hiding, and worrying about getting busted?

Now, with that said, maybe someone just needs to build a track with everyday regular pavement and they would have what they want without all of the stupidity that's associated with the show.

Then why do they make such a big deal about the cops, and hiding, and worrying about getting busted?

Now, with that said, maybe someone just needs to build a track with everyday regular pavement and they would have what they want without all of the stupidity that's associated with the show.

They get the street blocked off for the actual races not for the test hits they do

Pay the town anough money and use there name up in lights and they'll even give you a hotdog stand in the staging lanes. ;)

I watched the show one time, took all of 5 minutes to convince me it was all staged drama.

Pay the town anough money and use there name up in lights and they'll even give you a hotdog stand in the staging lanes. ;)

Tulsa wasn't very smart.... "The show didn't have to pay to shut down the road, but they did pay for the emergency personnel and crews that put out the road-closed signs." They are paying off duty officers and EMSA to stand by. EMSA is a private owned company.

The paid off cops and cities, and the staged drama doesn't bother me nearly as bad as their claim that those are street cars. A few might occasionally be street driven, but most, especially the faster cars, are trailered. :wack:

I agree. I would probably watch the show if I had cable but just for the cars. I dont like how they call them street cars either or claim to be fast street cars. I know they say that because they race on the street but that's not a street car.

I have my DVR set up to tape it. Don't care how phony it is, I watch just to see fast cars. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. It's only entertainment and we each have our own preferences as to what is entertaining.

I wish they would let us race by the port of oakland.its bust city out there.

I have my DVR set up to tape it. Don't care how phony it is, I watch just to see fast cars. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. It's only entertainment and we each have our own preferences as to what is entertaining.

X1000!

Don't like the show then go watch the lame Housewives or teen mom shows....

They don't call them street cars, they are "street race cars" cars that only race on the street....un-prepped surface.

I wish they would let us race by the port of oakland.its bust city out there.

Every metro area in California, same damn situation. As for the O.P's thread intent ,I would rather spend time watching cars go fast,rather than fake arguments.

Watch the show ocassionally---looks like a cross between "Deliverance" & "Pinks", IMO. Sure their cars are fast but if they're "streetcars" then why are they trailered in? From what I've seen, they have plates, so why not drive 'em? It's all BS,IMO......

I do watch the show and the intent of this thread is to how fake reality tv is in general.

I don't watch any longer, but I agree with your point about the intent of the thread.

lmao... I remember having the conversation with my late business partner a few years ago about reality TV. We joked about the false drama in the most mundane settings.

One of the things he mentioned was a reality show about the door business. lol...
The drama would be in the selection of the finish on the hard ware... "Bright Brass? brushed Chrome? Satailess? Antique Bronze? Decisions - decisions.
Or will the framer have the rough opening done in time to set the new door when it arrives?
Or, should there be glass in the door? Clear? Frosted? Stained?

Give me a break.

I do watch the show sometimes. Just wish they didn't cheese it up! And one of the tag lines of the show is "we've got the fastest street cars in the country".(That can't be street driven )

How about if we do something " productive" all day long and then watch a little boob tube at night. We know it's phony and don't care!

I really like that Sonoma.
Staged street race and all THAT thing flys.:)

-
Back