Street Races in Illinois

-
I heard today that the date has changed....I am trying to find out more info....:read2:
Found this:
Attention racers, sponsors and fans!!!

We've got a couple of issues to clear up before we can proceed with our first event. Apparently we didn't have everything sorted out as well as we had thought. John Jones is still working with us to resolve them and we are still planning to bring a street racing event to this legendary location. Unfortunately we are going to have to reschedule the May 3 opening date. Watch this website for news and info. We will be contacting our sponsors and preregistrants individually with more information. The staff at N.C.P. thanks you for your continued support.

Just talked to a friend today and he along with about 6-7 racers(from IN) want to drive over there. They all run around mid to low 9's in the 1/4 so there will be some quick iron there. Keep us posted with dates please.

Hey guys, kinda in limbo with this project at the moment. John Jones decided he wasn't comfortable with the original insurance policy but we've found a better one. I'm waiting on a sample policy from them. When I get it I'll take it to John and let you all know where we stand. Later, Greg

Just recieved an e-mail update on this event. Thought I'd pass it along:

To all of you who are interested in the Motion Raceway re-opening:

I would like to take this opportunity to update you on the re-opening. We are in a holding pattern right now.

The Jones have been dealing with drunken fools who feel they have the right to trespass on private property and race their cars on the stip in the early morning hours. They are also being disturbed by people knocking on their doors wanting to discuss racing. They are very private people, and do not appreciate this. They are seriously considering putting a halt to everything. They are looking over the new insurance policy now, and will make a final decision soon. We did have a previous policy that raised some concerns, but were able to get another agency to send us a sample.

I am very upset that a handful of very inconsiderate people may have ruined this opportunity for all of you. We have been working very hard on this project for a number of months now, and have invested alot of money and time in it. We may now lose it all.

I felt it necessary to update all of you on where we are standing at this point. Please remember that the May 3rd event has been cancelled. I am asking that you tell everyone you know that this date is cancelled.

Please do not contact the Jones directly, but if you have anything you would like relayed to them, send us an email, and we will see that they get it.

I will be sending a follow up email to all sponsors with additional information.

Again, we appreciate your patience while we try to get this all sorted out. Feel free to contact me by email or phone if you have any questions.

Thank, and please keep the Motion Raceway re-opening project in your prayers.

God Bless,

The Claytons

Got an update this morn. and it has been cancelled all together. Bummer. Here's the e-mail I got

To everyone concerned:

We regretfully announce that there will not be any events held at the old Motion Raceway this season as we had anticipated. We appreciate all your support, interest and enthusiasm. We hope you understand that we put our best efforts into this, but the owners have decided against it.

A number of causes were involved. We presented two insurance policies but neither was acceptable to the owners. Secondly, there have been invasions of their privacy on the track. A number of people felt they had the right to bring cars to the track to run at any hour of the night, which resulted in property damages. The owners have decided that they did not want to move forward, and asked us to stop our efforts. This is very discouraging because we have invested a great amount of time and effort into this, and have raised your hopes and expectations.

We apologize for this and want you to understand that we have done everything possible on our side. We would not have put forth the effort that we had, if we had expected this turn of events.
Continue watching our website (www.ncperformanceinc.com) for updates. We are trying to find an alternate site for drag racing events in Central Illinois. Please accept our heartfelt apology.

The Claytons - New Covenant Performance Inc.

that sucks thanks for trying i lived in assumption and just moved to shelbyville I was wondering what happened to that thanks again

-
Back