Street racing your fave place...(in the past !)

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I earned my mopar mojo in the mid to latie 90s.67 cuda notch,not the fastest.(mid 13s sea level) Late ninties at S 20 looked like nothing I have ever seen.30 to 50 cars a night,pure fun.Ran four years,best time of my life.Any like responses about the past?.

yeah,oakland ca. we would run just off 880 where the mail trucks were off the freeway.it would go for hours,as long as no one started swingin thier car.had a 70 ply sat.440 steel crank 6 pack rods heavy trw 11.5 to 1 pistons max wedge solid cam ported 906s 850 dp ran 12 flat all day at sonoma beat all kinds of cars(it was primer)got beat by a few but it was fun as hell!!!

Gun club road and I-70 in east denver. 30 to 40 cars on wednesday nights, even a couple trailered cars. Boy those were the days!

I'm 6 hours from ya.Man,I miss those days! My engine builder had a Max Wedge headed 440 that just pounded .
I miss that car!

Late '70s, Northern Il, Lake Cook Rd. Blue Ribbon stables sign was the finish line.

Most memorable race...

As I was shutting down from a run against a 360 Demon a cop pulled out from the road we turned around on. He crossed in front of both of our lanes, turned left to run the opposite direction of us, then flipped a U-turn and went after the Demon who turned right on Portwine rd. I turned left on Portwine and got the hell out of there... I was running open headers and was paranoid that the cop called for backup. On my way back to our meeting spot I passed a big house party, had no clue whose house it was. I pulled in their driveway, told them what was going on, and they told me to relax and have a beer from their kegger:D

"Running all night on Lake Ave. It's a piece of cake if you know what to do"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_gbj2KjKk"]Foreigner - Rev on the red line (Studio) - YouTube[/ame]

we never really had a spot picked out it was when ever a light hit at night here man it was fun but .. now thats all over

Still goes on I go to a car meet every Sunday night its mostly ricers but there's races once in a while here in fontana, Ontario, Hemet, riverside

it still happens here i just dont go any more after i seen a car get away and kill some peeps

Thats the way!bounce spot to spot! 318, used to be a nasty spot in Ontario?(in fixtion?)

Western Ave in Torrance Early AM used to rock, trailered cars, big money...no houses. No more..Westminster Blvd through the Naval station, nothing for a mile but chainlink fence on both sides. Heavy rice, heavy fines.

Not quite old enough, but in the seattle area there was Golden Gardens International Raceway, NE 85th and 15th in the seattle area,

You always gotta move to different spots and not stay at one for more than 20 min..... All of the races I've been to are by business with absolutely no traffic and after 12 midnight

Western Ave in Torrance Early AM used to rock, trailered cars, big money...no houses. No more..Westminster Blvd through the Naval station, nothing for a mile but chainlink fence on both sides. Heavy rice, heavy fines.

Western was interesting...
Santa Fe/Del Amo
Bolsa/Bolsa Chica
Sand Canyon
Shoemaker
Painter Rd
Nabisco Plant in OC
Newhope
Roxford
Sepulveda Blvd in front of lumber city ??? been a LONG time
The onramp near Century Blvd/LAX
Woodley
Raymer
The street next to the wash in Encino?
Then the riverside/sanberdo places...

Been to a bunch of them I can't recall

Park Lawn cut off, 1/4 marked out. No traffic in the early AM. One time we had a cop parked watching races from the highway.

Here in the Central Valley a popular spot was Zerker Road in Bakersfield. We would leave Famoso after a test and tune and head there. Sherriff would usually show up around 2 a.m.

Same here.We had a few allnighters,sheriff would roll in about two am.Imports killed it about 2001,2002.

Cincinnati--late 60s-early 70s.
I-75 southbound service/entrance/exit road (3 lanes) by the GE jet engine plant. Some cops would sit on a bridge and watch all the racing.

Also I-275 on the north side between Winton Rd and State Route 4.
Also Mostellar Rd.
Also Mulhauser Rd
Beechmont Ave on southeast side.

Nobody wanted to race me on my Kaw 500. Not many cars ran low 11s on the street back then.

Miramar old Hwy 15 in Mira Mesa. Sorento Valley Road at the end of Mira Mesa Blvd. Torrey Pines Road. Guys would trailer cars to all these places. This was in the early 80's, NOS was heavy hittin the scene back then.

I earned my mopar mojo in the mid to latie 90s.67 cuda notch,not the fastest.(mid 13s sea level) Late ninties at S 20 looked like nothing I have ever seen.30 to 50 cars a night,pure fun.Ran four years,best time of my life.Any like responses about the past?.

EARLY 60'S TO MID 70'S Decator street Philly Pa also as they were building rt 95 between Pa and NJ for about 2 years before it opened we used the rt95 bridge that was closed but you could get on from each side of the river nice stright/smooth 1/2 mile long run and no other cars unless the cops showed up

-
Back