Street shock absorber recommendation

-
Why? If you set the same ride height, would it not be fine?
I never had an issue myself but perhaps I missed something?

If you set the same ride height it should be fine. But if you're changing out the torsion bars for a different size you can't just count rotations on the torsion bar adjusters to reset the height, since the adjustment will be different with larger (or smaller) bars.

If you take some good reference measurements for the ride height before you swap the bars and make sure you put the car back where you started as far as the ride height is concerned the alignment should be the same. Even a small change in height shouldn't be critical unless your alignment is already on the verge of being out of spec. The most important thing to have right from a tire wearing perspective is the toe, which is pretty easy to check.

I've had 3 way Comp Engineering front shocks in my street car forever and have decided to put something "better" for the actual use of the car which is 90 percent street use. What are people running? I heard good things about Edelbrock shocks but have no idea what brand is best for nose heavy car with slant 6 bars. I'm not carving corners. Anybodies gas shock the same as everyone else's? Monotube? Just looking for advice on where to spend my money. Thanks in advance.
I also have KYB Gas-AJust on my stock 72 340 Duster. You won’t be disappointed

I hated my KYB's. Trashed them when I tried the Bilsteins. SOOOO worth the extra $$$$ in both ride quality and handling. No more KYB's for me.

KYB gas ajust for my Charger, a heavier car but with a bigger sway bar and these shocks it became great street driver. Car is stiffer now and steady when you hit a bump or dip on a turn at highway speed. Can't see putting a ton of money in a shock for a street driven car for bragging rights, but that's just me. ( IMHO !! ..don't want to fight :poke:)

-
Back