Street/strip carb recomm for 416 stroker

-

RIBOATSERVICES

Reaction score
Putting together a 71 340/416 stroker, Mussel Motors all forged kit, mopar aluminum 63cc heads,10.0 comp, lunati voodoo 530/550 hyd, mopar m1 single plane, hooker super comp headers, 727 w/3500 stall. Looking for carb recommendations for this combo.....mostly street with occasional track. Was leaning toward holley street avenger 770, anyone running similar combo...if so, what carbs working for you ?

I run an AED 850dp on my 410sb and I have a friend that runs the AED950 on his 416sb stroker.Great carbs and other than changing jets,no fuss.Summit now carries them.

Stay Away from the SA, they suck and not in a good way. I have had great luck with the Quick fuel stuff lately.

thanks for the feedback....I was thinking a 800-850 would be a little big for street use...and figured that a vacuum sec carb would be better than a double pumper. You guys using double pumpers with automatics ? I have 4.10 gears. Would love to use the dp if it`s not gonna bogg with the auto.

4150 base1050 quick fuel. on the street. Out of the box two sizes bigger on the idle air bleeds. 2.5 power valves. Idle off the secondaries after squaring the primaries. I tried all sizes and still have all the carbs that came off except the 1000 BLP I sold that on here. If i was to do a mostly street build it would get a 4 corner 850 Holley with changeable air bleeds. Been there and that carb worked great. just moved the power up in RPMs with the 1050 and its shines more when the air breathers off. I have my shift light set at 8500 and the rev limit at 9000. It revs quick and sees 9300 on the recall with me driving. My reaction isn't as fast as the son's

Attachments

• DSCF0171[1].jpg
    77 KB · Views: 631
  • DSCF0041[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 585
I know for sure these other guys have more experience than I on this. Just to give my 2 cents here. I probably am too small with my 408 in the carb area, but running a Holley 750 hp dp. Very streetable with 904, 3500 verter and 4.10's, zero bog. Had to do quite a bit of tuning due to stout cam. You can see my other specs in members photos.

I run a 750 DP with Proform main body and Quick fuel metering blocks. It is a old used min body and new metering blocks. I ran my buddies 950 (flows 850 cfm) Holley and it ran the same as the 750. If I were buying new I would buy a Quick Fuel 850.

thanks for the feedback....I was thinking a 800-850 would be a little big for street use...and figured that a vacuum sec carb would be better than a double pumper. You guys using double pumpers with automatics ? I have 4.10 gears. Would love to use the dp if it`s not gonna bogg with the auto.

Double Pumper........ You will have BOG with a Vac Advance waiting for the secondary's to open from my experience anyway. Mine is a 410 Stroker running an 850 DP and the throttle response is Instant in any gear. 391's, Spool and 28" Tall Tire. With your 410's it is gunna be on the Pipe and Quickly with a DP.

The proform main body for 600-800 and a 80496 950 hp flow roughly the same cfm.

I wouldn't put a vac sec carb on that engine.

I believe Holley finally came out with a true 950HP carb. I know before the 850 was actually bigger than the 950. Maybe one of the new series 850s would be nice, otherwise an older 950 should work great

Did you say 9300 ! ?
4150 base1050 quick fuel. on the street. Out of the box two sizes bigger on the idle air bleeds. 2.5 power valves. Idle off the secondaries after squaring the primaries. I tried all sizes and still have all the carbs that came off except the 1000 BLP I sold that on here. If i was to do a mostly street build it would get a 4 corner 850 Holley with changeable air bleeds. Been there and that carb worked great. just moved the power up in RPMs with the 1050 and its shines more when the air breathers off. I have my shift light set at 8500 and the rev limit at 9000. It revs quick and sees 9300 on the recall with me driving. My reaction isn't as fast as the son's

-
Back