street/strip diff center

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
i run a 9" rear with Detroit locker. car is used street and strip. apart from a full spool, which ain't street friendly, what other options are there apart from the clutch type center.
the locker works well but am over the constant clicking every time i turn a corner at lower speeds. cheers

The Auburn and the TruTrak. That's about it other than a clutch style.

i run a 9" rear with Detroit locker. car is used street and strip. apart from a full spool, which ain't street friendly, what other options are there apart from the clutch type center.
the locker works well but am over the constant clicking every time i turn a corner at lower speeds. cheers
my 76 w200 with a dana 60 rear axle and sure grip, used to snap, crackle and pop at slow speeds going straight. Drove me crazy. I ended up swapping a non LSD rear axle into it, just because of the noise. Never missed it.

my 76 w200 with a dana 60 rear axle and sure grip, used to snap, crackle and pop at slow speeds going straight. Drove me crazy. I ended up swapping a non LSD rear axle into it, just because of the noise. Never missed it.
i hear ya on the clicking and crackling, it drives me nuts around town. worst thing is that people look at ya like something is braking. i race the thing so open diff out of the question for me. if the trutrak is quiet, i'll most likely go that rout.

+1 on the Eaton True Trac. It will behave like an open diff untill you get on it. Which may be a bit surprising in the wet! But no clickerty-clack around corners. Heck!, you dont even need a friction modifier in the oil.

The best deal for your 9" application is a Grip-Pro 6-gear helical differential. Reasonably priced, smooth, quiet and strong.

The best deal for your 9" application is a Grip-Pro 6-gear helical differential. Reasonably priced, smooth, quiet and strong.
who sells those.
i drained the diff oil today to find it full of debris, what looked like filings and the oil had a bronze glimmer to it. time to change it out.

-
Back