Street/Strip Front Shock

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Guys.......

In the days of old, I had a set of drag shocks that were adjustable......3 settings if I remember...........I set them on 90/10 for the strip, and got lazy if I remember correctly and left them there. (I drove 2 hours to Lebanon Valley every Sunday). I honestly don't remember any problems with handling, BUT I drove it in fairly straight lines or in the village.

I'd like to put a nice shock on the front of the Dart Sport 360 for a good front end lift at launch, BUT don't want to run into any serious handling problems around town cruisin' (which is about all this car does....BUT it's goin' to the strip shortly).

What would you guys recommend for a good shock set-up? Maximum quick weight transfer and lift, but streetable?

Mancini Racing sells three way adjustable front drag shocks, by Comp. Eng.. $42.95ea.. If that helps.

summit has them also, I have some for sale if you want BRAND NEW in the box there like 33 each new

Take the top locking nut of the shocks and loosen it so that the car will lift freely but come down softly. I bet it would lift then! LOL!

Really I don't know how it would act or feel but I have seen drag cars with the nuts loosen close to the very top of the shock tower. They are doing it for that reason... lift, weight transfer.

Take the top locking nut of the shocks and loosen it so that the car will lift freely but come down softly. I bet it would lift then! LOL!

Really I don't know how it would act or feel but I have seen drag cars with the nuts loosen close to the very top of the shock tower. They are doing it for that reason... lift, weight transfer.
Don't play with your nuts. I've seen guys get arrested for that. lol Really, loosening the shock nuts is not a good idea. Even if some racers do that, they're lookin' to get breakage.

Well, refresh my memory.........On the 3 way adjustables, exactly HOW do you adjust them........I remember them having to "turn", but what exactly is the way they're changed after mounted in a particular setting?

pastertom1: If you want to turn those shocks after they are mounted, depending on your car, you might have to remove them to change the setting.

I have 3-way adjustable from Comp Eng. and i have to undo them to adjust them.it,s no big deal to undo them.My car doesn,t see to much street so I just leave at one setting.

-
Back