strength between a large yolk in a small yolk

-

mopar3401987

Reaction score
Is there a large different between strength in a small to a large yoke for a 8 3/4 rear ? I been running 500hp in my 340 with no problemes yet and have a small yoke on it. Iam looking to up grade my tires should I invest in some larger yolks ?

I personally like Double Yolkers. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

IMO, you do it mostly to get a stronger universal joint. I'm upgrading the driveshaft in mine to a 3" Strange one from DoctorDiff and all 1350's so I don't have to worry about breaking it.

I have been running 7290 joints

when I went to slicks, and a stroker

started busting drive shafts and rears

Call Dr. diff
1350 yokes and joints
went to a Dana
in the white Dart and the Satellite

No more problems

The Green Dart I'm finishing is a 540 stroker

am going to use 1410 yokes and joints
with a narrowed Dana

Mainly cause I already have them
just need to make a shaft.

Umm so with the large yoke I can run larger u jonts ? My 340 is stock stroke I don't think its putting out the torque your 540 is. And I am not running a trans break only a 3000 stall

IMO, you do it mostly to get a stronger universal joint. I'm upgrading the driveshaft in mine to a 3" Strange one from DoctorDiff and all 1350's so I don't have to worry about breaking it.

the best 400 bucks you will spend. I just installed this setup this past weekend.
premium piece!

Tatton will make you a Driveshaft from 3" to 4" material with 1350 Spicer U Joints delivered for $225.00

I have bought 2 driveshafts from him and I know of others who have as well. Super Quality product and strong as heck too. He has yet to break one and he has guys throwing over 1200 ponies to the tire at them on the T brake.

Curtis Tatton (801) 685-0056

IMO, you'll have a hard time busting anything, even a 7260, with a 340 and 3K converter.

Curtis Tatton builds a great driveshaft for the money. I've had one before and one currently in the orange bomb. Good guy.

I broke a couple of 7260s at the back. When they went they took out the shaft twice and the yoke once.( strap type.) Two tows.I swapped to 1350s, both ends 11 years ago/End of problems. 360cid/430chp/MT/3.55s/295s/street

IMO, you'll have a hard time busting anything, even a 7260, with a 340 and 3K converter.

Curtis Tatton builds a great driveshaft for the money. I've had one before and one currently in the orange bomb. Good guy.

There is a member on here. BB that had a bunch of spray 800+ to the tires and ran 7260's for years. Never broke one. Them lil U Joints are pretty flipping tough!

-
Back