stripe size 65 Barracuda

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I would like to know the proper size of the stripes. I believe they are 6inch, with a 1inch gap and a 1inch stripe on each side. This would make a total of 10 inches wide. Does this sound correct? I have seen one locally that has a 10inch stripe with the 2 1 inch stripes as well. The second would be 14 inches wide.
Thanks for any thoughts

If its the same as on a 66 I can measure later this afternoon and let you know.

Not sure if they are the same. Check the measurements if the you have time, no rush

Thanks, I'm a few weeks a way from painting, but trying to get everything all ready.

65 and 66 are definetly different! Here's a pic of my 66!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 103
Mine is a 66 but has the thinner 65 stripe. I like the 65 stripe better.

Not sure what I'll do when I get around to body and paint.

You guys are amazing. Thanks for the information.

65 and 66 racing stripes are different

1965 is a large solid stripe with two thinner stripes (3 total) with 5 color options

1966 has thicker stripes with two thinner stripes ( 4 total) with 6 color options

You could just order a kit from phoenix graphix for a little over $120

Attachments

• 66 stipes.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 93
Would it be better to order a stencil, or just measure and tape where the stripe would be. It seems fairly simple if you measure correctly. $90 for a stencil seems to be a lot to me. The stripes are straight. What do you guys think?

I see they got you straight. I never noticed they were different. I forgot to measure mine when I got home. The stripes on my 66 are like cosig's.

Attachments

• IMG_20150308_151348752.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 69
-
Back