stripping paint and grime

-

70dusta

Reaction score
wats the best produsct to strip all the paint and grime off of an intake manifold?thanks

Sandpaper!! Lol Kidding. If Your Going To Do All Chemical Sripping, Then I (personal Preferrence) Use Aircraft Paint Stripper. You Can Get It At Most Auto Parts Stores And You Can Get Bigger Cans Of It At Places Like Ppg Store Or Any Local Paint Supply Shop!!

hahah i was hoping someone was goin to say that cuz ive got some in my garage and its pretty cheap thanks valiant!

Oven cleaner works good for cleaning but I don`t think it`ll get all of the paint off. I`ve used paste paint stripper like Kleen Kutter for removing paint. Make sure you protect your eyes and hands when using any of that stuff....it bites!

Greezze off. This liquid sold in a yellow container works excellent. Use it with a scrub brush of a sort to scrub the grease from a paste into a thin goo or thinner with heavy use and rinse with hi pressure water out of the garden hose.
I have noted repeated applications seem to work alittle less effective each time, so use plenty of elbow grease with the scrub brush. Your results will be excellent.

Take note of my thread the difference in mostly a one application deal. Some engine bay areas did require a second application.
(Go to page 3 here;
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508&page=1&pp=20)

Once the grease cover engine bay was cleaned, I liked the paint that was left behind so much, I waxed it after a regular washing of soap and water.

-
Back