stroker 440 oilpan

-

UDUST81

Reaction score
im was wondering what oil pan to use on a 512 stroker. i know in a regular 440 you need a 187 c body pan.but would you need a different pan to clear a stroker crank? thanks!

? why build a stroker motor and leave it with 5qts of oil. one of the better deals is charlies pans they are on the mancini racing website. check them out and pick one the holds 8 or more qts.

? why build a stroker motor and leave it with 5qts of oil. one of the better deals is charlies pans the are on the mancini racing website. check them out and pick one the holds 8 or more qts.

will it fit though in a 72 duster? or will it have idler arm clearance issues?

? why build a stroker motor and leave it with 5qts of oil. one of the better deals is charlies pans the are on the mancini racing website. check them out and pick one the holds 8 or more qts.

Yup and then have to deal with it hanging to low.

The stock pan(s) are fine. The factory windage tray will also work if it's got the Chevy rod pin size. No trouble running the 5qt pans on a street car.

The stock pan(s) are fine. The factory windage tray will also work if it's got the Chevy rod pin size. No trouble running the 5qt pans on a street car.
I did a budget build on a 440 once with a 5qt pan and found that the oil light used to flash on under hard acceleration.That was with a stock oil pump. Adding about an extra quart of oil fixed the problem. I now baffle any stock sumps.

-
Back