Stroker 440

-

69413valiant

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can chime in on a stroker 440. Which one ? Any issues? Where to buy the stroker kit? Just wanting some input. Thinking about building one this winter and replacing my 440

I'm going to build one and picked up and Indy cross ram max wedge ports. Ads backwards, I know, but I was planning on a striker and thought that would be a cool intake. Practical, no, but it's not going to be my daily driver. I've seen plenty of people in magazine engine builds using 440Source parts but not many kits. Are they good to go, or certain parts good/bad?

Wondering if anyone can chime in on a stroker 440. Which one ? Any issues? Where to buy the stroker kit? Just wanting some input. Thinking about building one this winter and replacing my 440

400 block can go as big as you could ever need. They have the biggest standard bore. They have shorter cylinders which makes them stronger.

The main webbing is stronger. The main diameter is smaller leaving more meat in the mains.

The 400 block is the strongest factory block period.

I picked up there 499 kit for a 440 6yrs ago. Take a look at the web site talk to Kim good people. Good product good price .My 2 cents

440 source.

My engine builder recommended the 512 to me.

440 Source is good value - but parts need to be carfeully checked by the builder and I always add on a little for fixing things.
Muscle Motors are decent kits for the money. They didn't chamfer the bearings of the last one enough but I do that anyway so no biggie.

Most kits use the same parts and have differing levels of inspection and finish quality. So choose what you feel delivers the best value. In my opinion, in no case should you have the kit balanced unless it's a shop like MM. Buying components in sealed boxes you should have every part carefully checked, and account for more labor to assemble it.

-
Back